Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy WR/DB

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy WR/DB within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2015, 07:41 PM   #9
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Madden Mondays: Air Supremacy WR/DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
In the E3 clips that we saw, I saw a decent amount of drops, not getting the feet in bounds, when Users were choosing aggressive catch on every play. So it will probably come down to how they tuned the game in the time they had left after the E3 build was made. Hopefully they didn't scale it back at the last minute.
That's kinda what happened with qb inaccuracies last year. We saw plenty inaccurate passes pre release then the game came out and it was scaled way back.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:47 PM   #10
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Man just ugly in motion..The sliding into catch animations just looks vintage Madden.. They really need to stop showing us what we've already seen and drop a full game with sim play.. Outdated equipment is really hurting the look of the game..

Nebraska Cornhuskers
Washington Redskins
Miami Heat
Old 08-03-2015, 09:54 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Man just ugly in motion..The sliding into catch animations just looks vintage Madden.. They really need to stop showing us what we've already seen and drop a full game with sim play.. Outdated equipment is really hurting the look of the game..
Yeah.. They still dont have Drew Bledsoes facemask ( Marino also used the same later in his career ).

Anyway. I like what I see out of the DBs. However I am really disliking the offensive side. I can do without the simultaneous catch as it goes to the offense anyway. And I wonder how often are we going to see the same animations / outcomes and sliding and warping into position?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2015, 10:12 PM   #12
Banned

Re: Madden 16 Madden Mondays Air Supremacy WR/DB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
But they are common now... every video or vine coming out of current NFL training camps is One-Handed catches.
That's the problem. They're a developing a game with a focus on the highlights of football rather than the core fundamentals.
Old 08-03-2015, 10:18 PM   #13
All Star

PeoplesChampGB's Arena

I think it's cool that you guys are pointing out what should be in the game and you have every right to demand such things.

I am just glad I am at the age where I am married and two kids where those things really do not matter anymore. I traded in two games and paid my Madden off and can't wait for it to come out. At this point in my life, I just want to escape reality for a little bit and play a little football.

It's like I am a kid again where I don't look for every single thing wrong. Working penalties and improved DB/WR play sold me on this game.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:34 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 4

Overall, quite satisfied with the video.

POSITIVES
- Saw a variety of catch types (The Revis animation and the simultaneous poss catch at the end were especially
cool)

- Colors on the uniforms (for the most part) looked good

NEGATIVES
- Maaaan those QB dropbacks look bad seems like this year would have been a great opportunity for them to correct this since they worked on QB motion to some extent.... Luckily I think it doesn't look as bad/glaring in gameplay camera as it does in these trailers.

- (Granted this is minor and unrelated to the video) Really wish they had shorter loose sleeves on QB's.
Old 08-04-2015, 03:35 AM   #15
Banned

Liked those couple DB catch breakups, haven't seen those animations before I don't think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2015, 08:52 AM   #16
Rookie

Definitely passing this year. Looks bleak and unimpressive.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »