Home

PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

This is a discussion on PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 07:26 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

More PES 2016 videos are available today, including human vs. Top Player A.I. gameplay between France and Brazil and human vs. Superstar A.I. gameplay between A.S. Roma and Juventus F.C., thanks to PESVision.

A couple of other videos are also available, courtesy of NextGenGamingBlog. These showcase matches between FC Bayern München and Juventus F.C., as well as SC Corinthians vs. Palmeiras.

Check out the videos below and let us know what you think. Click the spoiler buttons to see more.

PES 2016: PES Fan vs Top Player AI

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM   #2
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

Added a couple more videos to the OP.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-10-2015, 09:03 PM   #3
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PES 2016 Gameplay Videos - Human vs. Top Player A.I. & Superstar A.I. & Much More

This may be the greatest soccer/futbol game.

This looks wonderful. Gameplay is excellent.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:04 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Gameplay looks great - better shape for the most part. I still stick to my original thought though about it being chaotic. This can be seen by the amount of times the defending players slip and are having to pick themselves up each time they get out of position - which is just way too many times. The concept of defense is there, but the execution is just a misunderstanding of defensive attitude. If real life players defended that chaotic for 90 minutes at a time, the scoring average would be 10 goals a game, each goal being a result of poor defensive positioning (over-committing) versus actual natural production of a sound attack.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #5
Rookie

I noticed the chaotic movement as well. A lot of jerkiness to their movements, especially when running at an attacker...

You can see the cpu run into the player, or near them, come to a dead stop, then start running again. Very unrealistic.

I spent a bit of time watching the players off the ball, rather than following the play, and you really start to see just how artificial the movement and defensive logic is.

In addition to that, it still seems like the ball is what is actually being controlled and the player moves about it. I don't know if this is how it was prior to 15, but that is one aspect that made 15 seem a bit unrealistic to me. Strange movements and very rigid ball movement on shots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 11:43 PM   #6
MVP

BL8001's Arena

I liked 15 a lot. Never felt that ball being controlled thing you mentioned but I will check next time I play.

The thing I like about 15 and what I have seen of 16 is how much better they understand the flow of a game.

The sport is basically controll the ball and move it toward the opponents goal and at some point try too risky of a pass and possesion changes. PES is excellent at replicating that. The cpu will play hopeful balls much like a human would. That is one of my first signs of non-cheaty AI.

I have seen some people complain about keepers in 15 saving the ball into the net, deflections and what not. This happens and happens a lot IRL. It's better than hands of steel deflecting the ball away artificially to prevent goals.

Also in whatever way they have managed it, as I increase the difficulty my team mates don't become idiots. (I am staring right at the other game)
That is a good thing.

We'll see. This might be the best year for both games. I think the other game has way more ground to cover gameplay wise to get better but who knows, maybe they have figured it out.

Pes demo thursday and I have a fut beta invite too, plus ea access of the full game. At least the majority of us should know which one is better before spending $$.

I am buying both, I always have. PES on ps4 and Fifa on the one.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:34 AM   #7
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11
The game looks good. But I'm still seeing way too many goals per game.
Old 08-11-2015, 04:24 AM   #8
Rookie

Happy to see PES being discussed on these OS boards. I want to like PES, but like stated by many, it seems so chaotic. Also, the 30fps vids dont do the game any justice, cause it is much smoother in 60fps. But still, the play seems chaotic a lot of times.

Also, to me it seems that the defence is too good at catching up with offensive players. If a guy like Robben is on the loose, there should be no way he can be caught up (I am looking at you Sergio Ramos ), but in PES - and to a lesser extend in FIFA - you cant break lose like in real life.

I cant play the demo till september because of work, but I would love to read impressions here on the OS boards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »