Home

Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 07:52 AM   #1
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Shopmaster has checked in with another Madden NFL 16 CFM video. While there isn't any footage from the actual game in the video, he talks about the top 10 things you need to know about scouting in this years game.

He goes over when scouting season starts, unlocking stats, combine stats, watch list and much more.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden 16 CFM Preview video breaking down scouting and watch list

That's good stuff. Thanks for the link man. Looking forward to hearing that podcast tonight.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:53 AM   #3
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
That had some good info. Hopefully he does some more videos like this for CFM.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #4
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

I'm just not happy with a couple decisions they made.

1. Why are we now forced to scout every week or lose points? Coaches and owners don't worry about that stuff during the season, it would make sense if you were playing cfm as a scout but not for coach or owner.

2. Unlocking the 3 best attributes, using shops example of a db having a high press rating, I don't play press so I don't care, should be able to choose what we unlock. I also used awareness and consistency as a determining factor on who I draft and that doesn't seem possible any more.

3. True draft value, I still don't really understand this one. So we scout all 3 of a players attributes then they tell us exactly what his value is? What is the point of that? It seems to take a lot of chance/skill out of scouting and drafting.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #5
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden NFL 16 CFM - Top 10 Things You Need To Know About Scouting (Shopmaster)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

1. Why are we now forced to scout every week or lose points? Coaches and owners don't worry about that stuff during the season, it would make sense if you were playing cfm as a scout but not for coach or owner.

2. Unlocking the 3 best attributes, using shops example of a db having a high press rating, I don't play press so I don't care, should be able to choose what we unlock. I also used awareness and consistency as a determining factor on who I draft and that doesn't seem possible any more.

3. True draft value, I still don't really understand this one. So we scout all 3 of a players attributes then they tell us exactly what his value is? What is the point of that? It seems to take a lot of chance/skill out of scouting and drafting.
I'm also a little confused by a couple of them. For #3 it would be nice if we could hire a scout and then the scouts rating would determine how right or wrong the players true draft value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:07 AM   #6
Rookie

This is going to sound dumb, but I'm really happy that draft stories are still in the game, I hope there's more variation in the stories. It's a small detail that makes offline CFM a lot more fun.
Old 08-11-2015, 11:24 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSquid

Well, if Press is his highest attribute, say at A+ for example, there's no reason why the second and third attributes shouldn't fit what you might be looking for.

And if Press is the highest attribute at C+ then it should just be a sign that this not a player you should be scouting further.

I actually think that's one of the best design decisions they've made for this cycle; maybe they could have allowed for top 5 attributes instead... But the new setup allows for a bigger sense of unpredictability, which is good imo.

The new setup works basically like a representation of a scouting report, where you find out what dudes are best at, then is up to you choose those who have the skills you're looking for or if a dude is really good at other attributes you might want to gamble on him hoping he's equally good on the ones you appreciate the most. Here's it's important to remember that if the third highest attribute is A, but none of those three is something you look for, that player might still have A's in other areas
Old 08-11-2015, 11:31 AM   #8
Jr.
Playgirl Coverboy

Jr.'s Arena

OVR: 18

Awful decision to make you lose points if you miss a week of scouting. Anyone that has a life outside of an online CFM got the short end of the stick on that one.

Watch me play video games

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »