Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2015, 07:36 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

If you can't see the video above, click here.

The first large patch for Rory McIlroy PGA Tour hit today, with various gameplay fixes and a new course, TPC Scottsdale, being added.

TPC Scottsdale is a perfectly fine course, and if you pre-ordered the game you already had access to it. The desert oasis setting is pretty awesome, with the desert creeping into a few holes.

Despite the desert setting though, there's a lot of greenery, and a few holes with ample water later in your round. I personally found no hassles getting the ball to the green on most holes, as the hazards are few and far between. In fact, the course could be a hair on the easy side for any experienced Rory player.

The patch fixes various gameplay elements, and it's clear the game is playing a much tighter game of golf. The ball bounces are more realistic, the swing mechanic is improved, and the gallery is even acting more realistic. It's a good first patch to get a lot of items on the right path. See all of the fixes we know of here.

All in all TPC Scottsdale is a good addition to the game, and the patch moves things forward. A thumbs up from us!
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2015, 11:12 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

Played a few rounds after work. Seems like a pretty good patch. I'm really enthused at the effort shown. Should bode well moving forward for the title.

I can't confirm that they actually fixed it, but in my three rounds I can't remember my golfer doing the running man or flexing his muscles. Not a single time. I played like crap adjusting to the new settings (I can't hit my 400 yard drives anymore as they've patched it to make your accuracy take a huge dive when over hitting) so I don't know if it still happens after an eagle, etc. but even that would be much better than my golfer busting out the running man after a par when he's about to miss the cut.

I'd be interested to see the full list of patches but I'm very happy with it this far. Looking forward to more updates. Well done, EA.
Old 08-12-2015, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

No major issues were addressed
Old 08-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #4
MVP

Lisac's Arena

Played a round and was still way to easy (think its time to adjust my setting BIG time) what I did notice was NO lag time and no choppy scenes. Whats got me really interested is looking at the leader board it was all real golfers, including Tiger Woods. Does that mean we will see guys like Bubba and others actually make it in the game? that would be great. Hope next patch they spend most of the time fixing create a player. Excellent start though!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:42 AM   #5
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

Difficulty doesn't seemed changed at all. The only way I can miss a fairway is by manually messing up my normal back to front swing on the stick. If I just swing normal it goes straight every time. Maybe I'm just too good? LOL

Anyway, it's a good start.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2015, 12:53 PM   #6
Rookie

Here is my impressions after the patch, the game run smoother for sure but a lot of things are missings:
1. Be able to turn off crowds and tournaments setting if desired.
2. Match Play and all others type of game.
3. Have more weather options, real weather, sunny, cloudy, partly cloudy... etc etc
4. The winds direction selection is stupid, really need to fix this.. windy, breezy.. etc etc...
5. In tournament mode the amount of crowds around the player in relation with your position in the scoreboards.
6. Ability to delete all the fantasy course, fantasy players.... if desired or others courses.
7. More equipment brands, more clothings, chains, sunglass, hat, rings, necklace..more uniforms for real players and caddy.
8. Be able to customize distance for each club for created players and more distance, flight, etc etc customization.
9. Time of the season, summer, autumn
10. More camera angle...
11. Create our own season.

This is what I see so far
Old 08-12-2015, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

I'm disappointed that they can't figure out how to allow for a playoff if there's a tie for first place. Twice I've been able to make birdie putts on the final hole of a tournament to force what should have been a playoff only to be simply awarded the victory ... come on EA figure out a way to add a playoff.

I play most of my career tournaments using Quick Rounds - would love to see some customization to this. Perhaps the ability to pick the 4-6 holes prior to the round ... perhaps even the ability to skip some holes between the ones you want to play. It's a bit of a bummer to play a four round Players Championship and only get to play the island 17 green once.

As for TPC Scottsdale - I had the course code with my pre-order but going straight into career mode hadn't gotten around to playing it. Perhaps the most visually striking moment in any EA golf game for me came when I played the 10th hole in the WM Tournament ... where the stadium hole is in the background and then as you get to the 10th green the grandstands from the nearby 16th just seems to tower over it. I know the stadium has been included in previous versions of the game; but can't recall ever noticing it in such a way while playing another hole on the course. I was more awed by the size of the stadium hole seeing it from the outside than playing inside it (which looked fantastic too).
Old 08-12-2015, 02:06 PM   #8
MVP

Lisac's Arena

What they shouldve had in from day 1 is what was in the old games. Before u started your seaon they asked you how many rounds of a Tourny you wanted to play. I always chose 2 rounds so I could play every hole. I dont like the 6 holes now each round cause they duplicate the holes to much.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »