Home

NBA Live 16 Announces LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes, Try it Free Sept. 15

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Announces LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes, Try it Free Sept. 15 within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:00 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 16 Announces LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes, Try it Free Sept. 15

EA Sports and the NBA Live 16 team have just announced LIVE Pro-Am, featuring 2 all-new online modes called LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Players will be able to try out these 2 modes on September 15 for free, along with Tip Off mode featuring six teams.

Read about the modes here:The new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD will be available on September 8, so you can scan your face and have it ready when the game arrives.

We will have an interview posted shortly with NBA Live 16 Executive Producer, Sean O'Brien.

Check out the trailer and read the full press release below.

RISE TOGETHER IN NBA LIVE 16 PRO-AM

New LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes Available for Free on Sept 15

Today Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced NBA LIVE 16 is bringing basketball fans new ways to compete online with the introduction of LIVE Pro-Am. LIVE Pro-Am features two all-new fun and exciting online modes, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. First off is LIVE Run, giving players a smooth and stable online pick-up game with up to nine friends on storied courts like Rucker Park, Venice Beach, Jordan Terminal 23 and more. Joining LIVE Run is the brand new Summer Circuit, an online co-op mode where players will travel across North America squaring off against NBA superstars on a journey to dominate the court. LIVE Pro-Am will be available to try for free starting September 15 via download on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

At the heart of LIVE Pro-Am is you. Use your created player across LIVE Run, Summer Circuit and the Rising Star career mode. Playing games in any of these modes will earn you SP (Skill Points) to upgrade your skills using our new progression system and RP (Reward Points) to purchase authentic gear in the LIVE Spot store. Customize your player from head to toe with the latest kicks and gear from leading apparel brands including Jordan, or get some ink from world-renowned tattooist Randy Harris. NBA LIVE 16 also introduces a new companion mobile app featuring GameFaceHD, the exclusive mobile scanning tech which can be used to quickly and easily scan your face and upload it into the game. GameFaceHD will be available for free download on mobile devices starting September 8, and all scanned faces can be used when LIVE Pro-Am launches for free on September 15. Your created character’s progression and reward unlocks will be carried over into the full game when NBA LIVE 16 launches on September 29.

Alongside LIVE Pro-Am, starting September 15 fans can check out exhibition-style play in Tip Off mode with six NBA teams, and the Learn LIVE tutorials, consisting of drills to familiarize yourself with the game and basketball fundamentals. All this together in a free package will give basketball fans an opportunity to run with their friends and get a head start on the new season in advance of the launch of NBA LIVE 16.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
WOOOOW!!!!
Old 08-13-2015, 09:10 AM   #3
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: NBA Live 16 Announces LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes, Try it Free Sept.

When I was in Orlando a couple of weeks back, we primarily played this mode. Any questions?
Old 08-13-2015, 09:13 AM   #4
Benchwarming Since 92

TDYRX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Announces LIVE Run and Summer Circuit Online Modes, Try it Free Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
When I was in Orlando a couple of weeks back, we primarily played this mode. Any questions?
How in depth is customization? Is it just cosmetic or do we get to choose Sig animations? Also, did you get to try the new gameface at all?

EDIT: Also this

Old 08-13-2015, 09:15 AM   #5
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Live PRO-AM eh?

Trailer looked good, graphics looked good and the animations were much improved. Also liked seeing the famed street courts out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
How does the customization compare to what we know of 2k's pro-am? Looking at the trailer and details, is it pretty much restricted to your Rising Star player? Courts, teams, etc are all static?

Can you do private LIVE run matches?
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #6
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohkaynerain
How in depth is customization? Is it just cosmetic or do we get to choose Sig animations? Also, did you get to try the new gameface at all?

EDIT: Also this

You can purchase individual player animation packages, yes. I didn't explore this part of the customization as much as other people, but I remember there being shooting and dunk packages. I don't remember if there were dribble packages. I think so though.

Gameface is as advertised. No frankenstein monster here.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #7
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Not going to lie wishing I had more friends down to play Live, this sounds like a fun mode and I am an offline guy.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:18 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Cant wait to try it. The level up system sounds so great too. Im a (2K) park player foremost and from the sounds of this, it has so many things I wished for ther last 2 years.
Also great idea to let people try it for free and keep their guys afterwards.

Couldnt really enjoy Live 14/15 but if this mode plays great, I have to get 2 basketball game again.

Good times to be a basketball lunatic again

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »