Home

NBA Live 16 Player Customization Details

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Player Customization Details within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 10:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA Live 16 Player Customization Details

Lost in the NBA Live 16 LIVE Run and Summer Circuit announcements and interview with Sean O'Brien this morning, the team released some player customization details as well.

Quote:
Do you want to be a fast and agile guard or a strong power forward? Choose the position that best fits how you like to play. Next, you’ll choose a playstyle. This will determine what your key skills are off the bat. While your position is locked, your playstyle can be changed based on which skills you decide to invest in. Also, make sure pay attention to your height and weight – as they will determine your physical abilities and limitations. Don’t expect to see any 7-foot speedsters on the Pro-Am.

In NBA LIVE 16 you are rewarded with Skill Points (SP) which you can spend to improve your player’s ratings. There’s nothing more satisfying than working to improve your player’s abilities on the hardwood. You’ll receive SP at the end of games in Rising Star, LIVE Run and Summer Circuit. Talent has to be earned, and so do Skill Points. The better you play and perform, the more you earn.

NBA LIVE 16 also features an all-new Skills Progression system in which you unlock special ‘perks’ as you level up your ratings. These perks include exclusive gear, custom animation packages and more. Work to improve your player in six categories – Shooting, Finishing, Defense, Rebounding, Playmaking and Physical – each with its own specific skill set.

Source - EA Sports

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA Live 16 Player Customization on Another Level

Still hoping that actual NBA players can be customized, but this is a good start.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:25 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

September 15th is it!!! All questions should be answered then!

Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2015, 10:33 AM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

In game objectives like "Score off an alley oop" seem a bit cheesy to me. Like you're gonna see guys constantly throwing alley oops trying to get the extra RP.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
Banned

GStera7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
Still hoping that actual NBA players can be customized, but this is a good start.
This for sure
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 11:10 AM   #6
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

I have some history with Live and the other game and I must say with Live releasing some of this info it's looking like I'll be spending $120+ this September. I haven't bought both games since Live 10 but this is looking amazing honestly. The detail of the tats to the seamless transition of the face scan. If the gameplay is good when I play on sept 15th I'll be getting this game lol
Old 08-13-2015, 11:46 AM   #7
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
In game objectives like "Score off an alley oop" seem a bit cheesy to me. Like you're gonna see guys constantly throwing alley oops trying to get the extra RP.
Am guessing its because its a challenge specific to the user's selected playstyle i.e high flyer etc.

Last edited by kolanji; 08-13-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:49 AM   #8
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveQ
I have some history with Live and the other game and I must say with Live releasing some of this info it's looking like I'll be spending $120+ this September. I haven't bought both games since Live 10 but this is looking amazing honestly. The detail of the tats to the seamless transition of the face scan. If the gameplay is good when I play on sept 15th I'll be getting this game lol
i got both and so far it looks like i will be doing the same again this year.....
great time to be a basketball gamer

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »