Home

Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2015, 05:29 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour: TPC Scottsdale and Patch 1.02 Impressions (Video)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisac
What they shouldve had in from day 1 is what was in the old games. Before u started your seaon they asked you how many rounds of a Tourny you wanted to play. I always chose 2 rounds so I could play every hole. I dont like the 6 holes now each round cause they duplicate the holes to much.
...you can change it so can play all 18 holes
Old 08-13-2015, 09:56 AM   #10
MVP

Lisac's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
...you can change it so can play all 18 holes
I understand that. What I was trying to say is instead of playing all 4 rounds of 18holes you were able to chose the option to play 2 rounds of 18holes.
Old 08-13-2015, 10:31 AM   #11
Rookie

catcherforbaseball's Arena

I know you can earn XP with your golfer while playing in "Night Club".

My question is, can you earn XP while playing with your golfer online or in "Play Now" mode?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2015, 02:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Difficulty doesn't seemed changed at all. The only way I can miss a fairway is by manually messing up my normal back to front swing on the stick. If I just swing normal it goes straight every time. Maybe I'm just too good? LOL

Anyway, it's a good start.
3 click remains the best option.
Old 08-13-2015, 03:01 PM   #13
Rookie

wish they would have upped the crowd noise at 16th at scottsdale

you got the whole stadium aspect and the crowd sounds like its your average hole in golf
Old 08-14-2015, 12:14 PM   #14
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

I've got to say, on X1, I'm pretty happy with the patch. The reduced flickering makes a huge difference with the long grass and some of the other visual aspects. Looks a lot cleaner now.

I can feel a difference in the gameplay swing mechanics too. In the 5 holes I played quickly, I shanked two drives to the right a bit, and had a terrible shot to the right from the rough too. Normally I don't have those issues. So, maybe I was just out of it from not playing the game in a few weeks due to F1 2015, but I definitely saw/felt a difference today for whatever reason it was.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:24 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 0

Gameplay seems to have improved. I played in the pga at whistling straits and RM won with minus 18. That's the highest lowest AI score I've seen. Prior to this it was minus 10!! Personally on don't want to win every tournament by a mile and I'd rather have a close tournament and lose rather than a procession and an easy win.
I the Open at St Andrews and it was a brilliant tournament with myself winning on minus 11 on the last green. Conditions were harder. I suppose it all depends what level you play on.
But there are still many examples of lazy/bad programming. For example, at the Open I got a par on the 17th in final round and my golfer went crazy, throwing himself around and when I actually sunk the winning put he did nothing. No raised arms, no reaction at all. Nobilo said that's a steady par and let's move to the next hole!! That's awful programming and it should not happen on a ps4 with all its power.
I play on three click and when you miss the lines you miss the fairway.ive no idea why people on this forum say that you can't miss the fairway. Try it on top setting and see.
Things have improved. It's a pity that online play is so bad and so easy. It would be nice to be able to raise the difficulty level for tournaments but judging from what many say,if it was difficult then very few would want to play on difficult settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »