Home

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Available Now on Xbox One

This is a discussion on Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Available Now on Xbox One within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Available Now on Xbox One

Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings is available now on the Xbox One. The price of the game is $16.99 for Gold Subscribers and $19.99 otherwise. You can also give the game a try for free.

Here is a list of features of Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings --
  • Realistic Simulation and Physics: Don’t be fooled by the light-hearted/comical presentation; the fundamentals of baseball are well represented and if someone isn’t familiar with the rules, they will be after playing Super Mega Baseball.
  • Groundbreaking Difficulty System: Super Mega Baseball boasts an innovative difficulty control scheme called the Ego system. The Ego system offers a fine-grained control of difficulty on a per- user basis, which has been widely praised for leveling the playing field in cooperative and competitive modes. This system will push seasoned gamers to their limits while simultaneously providing a gentle introduction for beginners.
  • Up-to Four Player Local Co-op Play: In addition to solo play, players can try their hand at head- to-head, 2v1, 2v2 and co-op against the CPU. In co-op mode, teammates alternate batting/running each time at-bat, and alternate pitching/fielding each inning, meaning ballplayers need to be on their toes every play. To even games, players can use the Ego system to set up a competitive game between friends of any skill level.
  • Ultra Responsive and Blazing Fast Gameplay: Controls are easy to learn, but players will need to master jumping, diving, wall-catches, power-swings and cut-off plays to properly dominate friends. Short load times and a streamlined interface means most of the time is spent in the action, with nine-inning games taking around 20 minutes to play.
  • Leveling System: Players tally up Starpoints for hits, strikeouts and catches during each game and Level Up once they collect enough points. Players can hire staff to train and coach their squad, improving skill attributes such as Power and Speed. Use that jacked up team to win at higher difficulties (and post higher leaderboard scores than friends)!
  • Full batting and pitching statistics: Comprehensive baseball statistics that ballplayers can use to show off their MVP-quality skills
  • Player Customization: Customize the look and names of a team’s players to create a ragtag crew of family and friends. Make as many aesthetic adjustments as you can imagine!
PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 users will get a free DLC update to Super Mega Baseball in September. We'll have news on that, when it arrives.
Platform: Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 10:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
ill give the free trial a go sounds like fun.... especially the co op mode
Old 08-14-2015, 10:40 AM   #3
Banned

illmatic04's Arena

OVR: 4
wish it had online game play, this game is a blast and so much better than that gimmick RBI Baseball BS
Old 08-14-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
We Go Again

VTPack919's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Super Mega Baseball: Extra Innings Available Now on Xbox One

This game is amaaaazing. The physics of the ball after clearing the fence on a homerun is perfect.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:46 PM   #5
Rookie

Oinkersthepig's Arena

OVR: 0

Fun story for this one. My Fiance left for work about an hour and a half ago, so naturally I hopped on the Xbox. Still waiting hard for Madden, but I wanted to give the trial for this game a try because I had already planned to buy it on Steam next week.

Quick backstory, I am a blackout drunk, and I celebrated the first preseason game last night like it was the superbowl or something. So last night, around 4 AM I not only downloaded the trial, but apparently liked it so much that I bought it right then and there.

I'm viewing clips I recorded and apparently I played for about 2 hours last night. I've played for about an hour today and can say this is a REALLY fun game. Still getting used to the baserunning because the controls are kinda weird for it, but once I get that down I'm expecting to get pretty good at this because it will be stealing a lot of my time.

Definitely wish there was online though, that would make this game a million times better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #6
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This game almost slipped my mind. I'm going to buy it right now. Being an XBOX only gamer for the last two console generations, I haven't played any baseball game in at least 7 years. It's going to be weird. I'm looking forward to it greatly.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 08-17-2015, 01:31 PM   #7
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Game is fun. Doesnt take long to play a game and no worrying about stats being correct.
Old 08-23-2015, 09:12 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

It's going to be weird. I'm looking forward to it greatly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »