Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.05 (PS4) & 1.06 (PS3) Available Now, Details Included

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.05 (PS4) & 1.06 (PS3) Available Now, Details Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2015, 06:38 PM   #9
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.05 (PS4) & 1.06 (PS3) Available Now, Details Included

I am by no means defending this game as perfect, but I also don't feel that there are as many game play issues as people think.

I know in the beginning I was shaking my head and a little disappointed in this years effort. But then actually started playing baseball and for me, notice I am saying for me, issues started to vanish. I started using defensive shifts and I wasn't missing easy fly balls anymore. I realized that if I eased up on the stick and didn't run full speed all of the time my timing on catches improved and I was catching balls that I had been missing. I worked on pre loading my throws and the lazy throws started disappearing. Hitting with patience and a plan at the plate I started picking up pitches and slowly my average started climbing. For the first time I am playing so far above the level I was playing before. I have found myself playing baseball not just a video game of baseball.

I will stop now as I am sure there are plenty of people that will disagree with me and I have probably started a war, but that's the way it goes sometimes.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 08-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.05 (PS4) & 1.06 (PS3) Available Now, Details Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
I am by no means defending this game as perfect, but I also don't feel that there are as many game play issues as people think.

I know in the beginning I was shaking my head and a little disappointed in this years effort. But then actually started playing baseball and for me, notice I am saying for me, issues started to vanish. I started using defensive shifts and I wasn't missing easy fly balls anymore. I realized that if I eased up on the stick and didn't run full speed all of the time my timing on catches improved and I was catching balls that I had been missing. I worked on pre loading my throws and the lazy throws started disappearing. Hitting with patience and a plan at the plate I started picking up pitches and slowly my average started climbing. For the first time I am playing so far above the level I was playing before. I have found myself playing baseball not just a video game of baseball.

I will stop now as I am sure there are plenty of people that will disagree with me and I have probably started a war, but that's the way it goes sometimes.
Bullit, that's exactly what's happening to me. Got the game a couple of weeks ago (PS3) and really didn't need my baseball fix right when the game came out. I am having some of the issues. Been having a hard time with curves mostly but I just made the switch from catcher (default) to broadcast and it is helping a lot. I always pre-load my throw, even with no one on base. And I have started to slow the stick down, per se, in order to overrun pop-ups/fly balls.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:41 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
2 strike fouled off bunt attempts not resulting in a strikeout;
Playoff pitcher stamina issue;

None of this is resolved... Back to 14' The Show for me. My fault for being an OFFLINE gamer in yet another video sports game... (I'm still playing Madden 12 as well.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #12
Pro

cubby blue's Arena

OVR: 2
This was a great game imo. I've played the heck out of it this year. The game is not perfect it will never be, but it provides me with tons of entertainment. Definitely got my money's worth.

I've just now have taken a break from the game with football around the cormer. I"ve started playing madden again.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:53 PM   #13
Pro

Only thing I dislike is the amount of times line drives hit the pitcher. Other than that, anything that goes against me in a game feels like my fault or realistic baseball happenings aside from Wrigley Field boundary issues.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

So they did nothing to address the online cheesers who can automatically bunt for a hit and steal 2B and 3B with anyone at least 60 speed? And all the cheesers that know how to exploit the lag to advance bases in rundowns? This stuff single-handedly killed Diamond Dynasty for me and I'm disappointed to see none of this was addressed.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:17 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yount19
2 strike fouled off bunt attempts not resulting in a strikeout;
Playoff pitcher stamina issue;

None of this is resolved... Back to 14' The Show for me. My fault for being an OFFLINE gamer in yet another video sports game... (I'm still playing Madden 12 as well.)
BRUH. THE DAY MADDEN 13 CAME OUTIS THE DAY WHEN MADDEN OFFICIALLY WENT DOWNHILL.
THEY TRIED SO HARD TO MAKE THE GAME EASY BY ADDING COMOUTER ASSIST AND BALLHAWK (Simply pressing the circle button and holding the triangle button and the computer plays for you with a probability of them missing the play and giving up a completion that wouldn't have happened against me in Madden 11 and 12). Since they added that "ballhawk and computer assist bullcrap, Madden doesn't even take skill anymore!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 05:44 AM   #16
Pro

OVR: 33
Downloaded update on PS4. All my settings were Reset & my including progress on the Dynamic Difficulty Level.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »