Home

Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

This is a discussion on Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2015, 12:52 PM   #17
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
I'm not disputing the fact that some will find value. To me, the value isn't there. I understand your thoughts about Sony but what about EA? They've taken away choices too! So we should reward them?

EA can easily set prices in the PS Store discounts and specials. Instead, they want a yearly fee for that benefit.
Whether its NHL, NBA, Madden, or FIFA.
They still give out sales too. I got UFC for about $10 on Xbox last year before it was on Access. I've seen other good deals on their games but I typically ignore them because I didn't have interest in the games, some of the game I already owned. Titanfall has been on sale for cheap prices as has Dragon Age (I believe I've seen it as low as $25). $5 for Mass Effect is a phenomenal price, I almost jumped on it myself, but we are also talking about a collection of games that are a couple years old and on older hardware. Who's to say we won't see similar deals on Xboxone and PS4 titles when the games are a year or two old?
Old 08-17-2015, 01:12 PM   #18
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Don't Expect EA Access on the PS4 Anytime Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
Ea ccess does offer non sports games too like Need for speed and both battlefields.
Yes, I know. The point I'm making is that it will probably be at least a year, maybe longer until you see the yet to release Star Wars, NFS, and Battlefields game in the EA vault. Yet, you will fork over an additional $30 annual fee prior to getting access into the vault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
$5 for Mass Effect is a phenomenal price, I almost jumped on it myself, but we are also talking about a collection of games that are a couple years old and on older hardware. Who's to say we won't see similar deals on Xboxone and PS4 titles when the games are a year or two old?
The Trilogy is worth $30-$40 on amazon for a console so the return is

And that's the point I'm making regarding deals on the XBone and PS4. EA sets the prices on specials and deals. Sony and Microsoft get a small piece of the action. EA can easily do this without charging people an annual fee.
Old 08-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #19
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picci
Yes, I know. The point I'm making is that it will probably be at least a year, maybe longer until you see the yet to release Star Wars, NFS, and Battlefields game in the EA vault. Yet, you will fork over an additional $30 annual fee prior to getting access into the vault.

The Trilogy is worth $30-$40 on amazon for a console so the return is

And that's the point I'm making regarding deals on the XBone and PS4. EA sets the prices on specials and deals. Sony and Microsoft get a small piece of the action. EA can easily do this without charging people an annual fee.
That trilogy set didn't come with all dlc did it?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #20
MVP

Picci's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
That trilogy set didn't come with all dlc did it?
Don't really know. Haven't played it yet. I do know that I had to install updates too, but is it all?
Old 08-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 16
Until XB1 has The Show, it will never be even close in terms of sports gaming. PS4 has everything the XB1 has, but it also has The Show. Beyond sports gaming, XB1 could be superior for all I care. But if we are talking specifically sports, I don't know how anyone can even make an argument.

Personally, I always felt EA Access was a poor deal. In the year 2015, there are enough other services that require a subscription (Spotify/Apple Music, Amazon Prime, Netflix, MMO's, Credit Reports, Adobe software, PSN/XBL, etc). EA trying to elbow their way into your wallet for another $5/month is just corporate greed. So what if you get the game a little early and pay a few bucks less. The "Vault" is just a bunch of old sports games, with a handful of older games that are practically bargain bin games at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2015, 02:35 PM   #22
Hall of Fame

jb12780's Arena

OVR: 23

I can already see where this thread is going...

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 02:57 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 0
@jb12780......looks like a i hate EA and i love sony thread..........microsoft hate incoming....
Old 08-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #24
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13

I think I know the real reason EA Access is on the Xbox One and not the PS4 yet. It's because EA is using the "Friend Share" features that were made for the Online DRMed Xbox One. An exciting part of the online DRMed Xbox One was a feature called "Friend Share". This feature would let any 10 selected friends play or "borrow" the full version of any game you owned for a pre-selected amount of time, set by the games publisher. After your time had expired, you would have to buy the game to continue playing. Sound familiar yet? This is the same system used to give all EA Access members, timed or unlimited access to selected EA games.

Sony does not have a system in place to manage digital rights to this extent in the PS4, nor do they want to pay to develop those themselves.

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »