Home

NBA Live 16 Video - LIVE Spot Sneaker Preview

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Video - LIVE Spot Sneaker Preview within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2015, 04:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: NBA Live 16 Video - LIVE Spot Sneaker Preview

These are just previews and leaks, what are y'all talking about

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2015, 04:37 PM   #18
Rookie

Vic Viper's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
Since when did our gaming community turn into a place where this type of thing is prioritized enough to be an announcement solely on its own. Shoes, tattoos, etc. Those are not features and should not be glorified as such. We used to get weekly blogs about game play enhancements, but maybe since most of those were BS anyway they had to adjust their marketing strategy.

I don't see what the big deal is. It's just news, information, leaks and/or tid bits. Therer are some people who may purchase this game soley upon Clothes and Upgrades. People care about that type of stuff and that's their prerogative if they want to purchase it for that reason and/or rave about it. As long as the infromation isn't hurting and berating anyone then I'm all for it. I don't see a lot of games talking about shoes, clothes, tats and etc. If it's in the game then why not talk about it? It gives us something to talk about. You don't have to join that discussion if it's that big of a bother.

The days of weekly blogs are long gone. We haven't gotten that from NBA Live team or their competitor since 2010. I would like for the Developer Diary and Blogs to show up on a weekly basis, but these companies have learned from their mistakes and I will bet that we will never see that again.

Last edited by Vic Viper; 08-22-2015 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2015, 04:46 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
I don't see what the big deal is. It's just news, information, leaks and/or tid bits. Therer are some people who may purchase this game soley upon Clothes and Upgrades. People care about that type of stuff and that's their prerogative if they want to purchase it for that reason and/or rave about it. As long as the infromation isn't hurting and berating anyone then I'm all for it. I don't see a lot of games talking about shoes, clothes, tats and etc. If it's in the game then why not talk about it? It gives us something to talk about. You don't have to join that discussion if it's that big of a bother.

The days of weekly blogs are long gone. We haven't gotten that from NBA Live team or their competitor since 2010. I would like for the Developer Diary and Blogs to show up on a weekly basis, but these companies have learned from their mistakes and I will bet that we will never see that again.
2010 was definitely the best marketing year for both companies well technically 2009.. but yea the 2010 line up of games had the best marketing...
Old 08-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL
I agree but keep in mind, back in the day, all we had before a release date was a short blurb in Game Informer magazine etc, as well as a few sites like IGN. Now we expect new info/details daily. I crave for more, but these companies don't have to provide this info for us
If you think about it, they do. Because who reads game informer mag anymore? We are in a more info centric era. We get info quick and fast. We also make impulsive purchases, so if they get us fixated on the looks of the game without clearly allowing us to feel the game and judge according to that, then we are being robbed.

We can't be thankful they show us this much, comparing to the past, if we compared their games to the past, we might not buy them. We had much more fun times on live back in the day. They owe us more, it's bad enough they haven't added draft rosters, and edited players, but what's the point of making the game great to look at, if you can't play it? At least make a bomb franchise mode where I can continue to play it with real names and me editing the draft classes. But this is EA...
Old 08-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA Live 16 Video - LIVE Spot Sneaker Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Viper
The days of weekly blogs are long gone. We haven't gotten that from NBA Live team or their competitor since 2015. I would like for the Developer Diary and Blogs to show up on a weekly basis, but these companies have learned from their mistakes and I will bet that we will never see that again.

Fixed.....just sayin'

All this isn't a big deal to me anyway....I'm eager for information but I've learned not to get too worked up about the process...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-22-2015 at 06:53 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #22
Banned

Im not trying to be negative but, if people are truly gonna accept a game thats had 3 years to truly compete with 2K and still seem to be holding back on the bare essentials of a game like this its hard to get on board. Whats the point in stressing having a ton of nice accessories if you cant utilize any of them. I may be one of the few who actually spend time editing rosters...shoes more than anything else& ive given live my attention both years. Granted it was when the game was like $15 but i still played myself by getting them. Not this year. O'boy flight white is delusional spazzing over this game...i dont get it,2K is still lightyears beyond live.
Old 08-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #23
MVP

nick_sr's Arena

OVR: 4

We the shoes look nice. Release more details about the game because pro am can't be the only big thing.its not for everyone and if dynasty hadn't improved significantly this whole thing might blow up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »