Home

Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:29 AM   #9
Rookie

HockeyPhuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden 16 Impressions Thread

pretty awesome. i am no pro but i played all madden last year.on madden16 i am having hell a fun on all pro. penalties, passing, running, QB's its great this year.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #10
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Official Madden 16 Impressions Thread

There are some small elements that need work, and the issues in CFM from the regression bug to autosubs need fixing, but damn if this isn't an impressive effort.

First time in years I've bought two releases in a row and the second year felt fresh and more engaging.

I'm really feeling the gameplay so far. Definitely needs some slider tweaks to make it play how I want it, but it's the best out of the box foundation I've come across in a Madden game. Almost cried when I saw the cpu miss some throws.

Lighting is amazing as well. I've spent way too much time cruising around replay and marvelling at stuff, and not even playing the game.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:41 AM   #11
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16 Community Impressions

Best madden to date. Sliders work this year. I had 10 penalties in a 20 minute game . Alot of offensive holding and defensive holding and pass interference. Aggressive catch is not overpowering ,especially with mediocre recievers. Pass rush is fixed with sliders.
Great game good job EA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 09:49 AM   #12
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

On the field, this is the most organic, polished, and frankly fun Madden NFL game - possibly most organic, polished, and fun football video game, period - to-date. There's a way for the user to get involved in every facet of the game, you really have to to succeed at the highest level, and the game actively encourages you to get involved in everything that happens, rewarding your correct plays and penalizing your mistakes.

On "organic": for example, I had a play last night where I sacked Phillip Rivers with Jeremy Mincey, but I hit him as he was throwing, so the ball popped straight up into the air. It caromed into the waiting arms of Demarcus Lawrence, who returned it fifty yards the other way before getting chased down by Melvin Gordon. This is a play I've never seen in a Madden game, and it happened so believably here too. It was a wow moment for sure.

As soon as some of the little warts in CFM get cleaned up, I'm going to be investing a ton of time into this game. For now, however, I will stick with Play Now and Draft Champions, maybe a little bit of Ultimate Team.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:01 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'n glad they did away with a lot of the sets that needed collectibles. That was insane!
Old 08-25-2015, 10:02 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 14
Loving the game. Finally enjoying the animations, they nailed the running motion for the first time since the PS2 days. Tackling feels great (FINALLY!).

Like others have already stated, the game does have a much needed "organic" feel to it, something it has been missing since like forever.

The new catch prompts are a bit overwhelming at first and I don't like the augmented reality UI. But the new cameras are pure joy and I know I'm absolutely alone on this one but I'm kinda enjoying the play-by-play commentary. The chatting between Simms and Nantz has been more natural than in year's past and the fact that they talk about what happened on the last drive once the ball possession switches from one team to the other is very refreshing.

Waiting for the clean up before starting my CFM as well.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:31 AM   #15
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Loving the game but I knew I would

Love the new DB WR interaction and tackling is fantastic for the most part

The lighting with the haze in the sky gives the game a more realistic muted look.

Graphics as a whole not changed much but what did change is the detail in players bodies as players look much close to their real life counterparts

no more jaggies but i play on zoom camera both ways.

What I hate is the night game having dusk skies WTF

I also hate that when a qb comes out for the first time the same animation happens for each team with wr patting his head

I also hate the bubble overlays as they take away from presentation in my opinion.

Noticed the frames drop when camera pans..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2015, 10:33 AM   #16
Pro

SilverChaosVII's Arena

OVR: 22

I wasn't going to buy the game... but changed my mind last minute because I love football too much.

Pleasantly surprised.

Game is far from perfect, but it's the best one in years.

After a single game of default All-Pro, 15 minutes with accelerated clock, Steelers vs. Cardinals I can say that it's a solid game. I will need to tune sliders, but luckily they work this year.

Aggressive catch is definitely a little OP... but I think sliders can fix that. I saw about 8 ridiculous catches in the game. Far too many. Fitzgerald in double coverage multiple times, Brown doing the same. One-handed. They went overboard... but I think it can be fixed for offline players.

-----------------

For the stat junkies....

Note: I played as Steelers. I run a very old school offense. Ground and pound with short dink and dunk passes. So that's why the really really high completion percent (although still may need sliders to fix)

Steelers: 42
Cardinals: 26

Game was much closer than the score indicates.

Palmer: 27-41, 65%, 349 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 1 FUM
Roethlisberger: 22-26, 84%, 281 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT

Ellington: 15 rush, 46 yards, 3.0 avg
Bell: 27 rush, 157 yards, 5.8 avg, 2 TD
Williams: 5 rush, 68 yards, 13.6 avg, 1 TD (56 long)

Fitzgerald: 8 catch, 173 yards
J. Brown: 6 catch, 88 yards, 1 TD
A. Brown: 7 catch, 118 yards, 2 TD
Miller: 6 catch, 88 yards

Cards D: (Top stat / different players) 10 tackles, 4 tfl, 0 sacks, 1 int, 1 td (pick 6)
Steelers D: (Top stat / different players) 11 tackles, 2 tfl, 1 sack (3 total), 1 int

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »