Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 10:54 AM   #1
BTW
Rookie

OVR: 0
Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

Last night, during Game Changers Radio, Kolbe Launchbaugh, Creative Director of Madden NFL 16, advised everyone to wait until the upcoming patch (no estimated date yet, but we have seen "less than six weeks" thrown around by the development team) arrives before starting their CFM.

He talks about it at roughly the 13 minute mark.
  • They are aware of everything the community is bringing to their attention
  • They are addressing many of those items in a patch coming soon (no estimated date given)
  • You should wait until the patch is released before starting your CFM, as some of the fixes will require client side and server side fixes
No details have been given on what fixes are being implemented as of yet, but for now, it would be wise not to start your Madden NFL 16 CFM yet.

As for what could be in the patch. This is all speculation but here are some of the known CFM issues:
  • Ratings boost from drive goals making some players go over 100 overall. There is no workaround right now, drive goals are always on even if you don't keep notifications going on your screen.
  • Regression being overly harsh on offensive linemen (seems to be more pass blocking than anything else) that causes their ratings to fall quite drastically. This appears to stem more from SuperSim or simulating games as linemen give up too many sacks and then regress.
  • Rookies coming in that are not scaled to the new speed/deep accuracy ratings Madden is using on default rosters. So many new rookies can come in after season one and be better than most everyone else in the game at certain things. (This one seems like it would obviously be a reason you have to start your franchise over because rookies are put in your Year 1 CFM from the start of the season.)
Other issues we are tracking but haven't confirmed on staff ourselves:
  • QBs getting too many carries during a game (in SuperSim but not regular sims).
  • Re-signing players to really crazy bargains (that is, superstars taking major discounts).
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox One

Last edited by ChaseB; 08-26-2015 at 07:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 10:58 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Does he mention how long we're going to have to wait? I doubt they are going to refund a month's worth of the price of the game even though we can't play it the way we should be able to for that month. And I doubt he's going to be willing to convince my bosses to switch my vacation I have coming up in a week so I can play my CFM after the patch.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #3
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

I figured as much. Hopefully we won't have to wait a month or so for them to get the patch out.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Even though they are fixing these issues it really is a bummer to have to wait to play your favorite mode within a game. You should be able to dive in upon release.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
Does he mention how long we're going to have to wait? I doubt they are going to refund a month's worth of the price of the game even though we can't play it the way we should be able to for that month. And I doubt he's going to be willing to convince my bosses to switch my vacation I have coming up in a week so I can play my CFM after the patch.
No date has been released but he did mention that they are working 24/7 on the issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
No date has been released but he did mention that they are working 24/7 on the issues.
I do appreciate that they are working so hard on the game. I don't blame them for not putting in effort. Just sucks I can't play, especially if the patch isn't here by next Friday when I start my vacation (which I doubt it will be out that quickly)

I've considered starting early anyway. I'm sure I won't have enough time to get through more than a season or two before the patch comes out. If I have to restart my franchise for the patch to take effect, so be it. I don't play any of the other game modes other than CFM, so if I don't play it, the game is just going to be unplayed lol
Old 08-26-2015, 11:09 AM   #7
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2

For a product we paid for they should have more information than just wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-26-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
Pro

SFNiners816's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Even though they are fixing these issues it really is a bummer to have to wait to play your favorite mode within a game. You should be able to dive in upon release.
Exactly......it's ridiculous.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »