Home

Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers

This is a discussion on Don't Start Your Madden NFL 16 CFM Until New Patch Arrives, According to Developers within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #9
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Kolbe says to WAIT to start your CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou24
For a product we paid for they should have more information than just wait...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They cant give you an ETA yet so thats the best they can do.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:11 AM   #10
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

First let me say...this group of Devs have come forth and been extremely honest and open..it's a huge breath of fresh air to the Madden Community..they didn't hide from anything and took it head on! Big props for that..however, is this issue a sign that CFM in its state is just a mess? It was rolled out (combining online/offline) as easy to tune and fix..but since its creation, it been nothing but issues (in my eyes)..and I haven't seen huge positives of bring the two modes together..we lost features and I haven't seen the tuning I thought we would get throughout the year server side I thought we would see..now I have NO experience with game design..so if my expectations of what tuning server side meant, then thats my fault..but again I can't say enough about the honestly of the Devs..but doesn't help us who want to start a season..fingers crossed it a quick [email protected] currently don't have time table for fix

Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 08-26-2015, 11:22 AM   #11
Pro

T5063's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
First let me say...this group of Devs have come forth and been extremely honest and open..it's a huge breath of fresh air to the Madden Community..they didn't hide from anything and took it head on! Big props for that..however, is this issue a sign that CFM in its state is just a mess? It was rolled out (combining online/offline) as easy to tune and fix..but since its creation, it been nothing but issues (in my eyes)..and I haven't seen huge positives of bring the two modes together..we lost features and I haven't seen the tuning I thought we would get throughout the year server side I thought we would see..now I have NO experience with game design..so if my expectations of what tuning server side meant, then thats my fault..but again I can't say enough about the honestly of the Devs..but doesn't help us who want to start a season..fingers crossed it a quick [email protected] currently don't have time table for fix

Agreed on all points.

I like how responsive this development team is. It shows that they actually care about the product and their customers... a few years ago we'd just get 'crickets' as an answer to most bugs or the old 'its supposed to be that way' bs.

Saying that, CFM/CCF/CCM/Franchise mode or whatever the heck its called now is a big mess... tonnes of features were lost when they moved to this new mode a few years back and on top of that there are new bugs in the features that they did add. Not only that, the mode feels, hollow and lifeless with no immersion.

However, this new dev team has my hopes are up that in a year or two down the line franchise mode will greatly improved (a whole revamp is needed), especially since the franchise mode guy from MLB the show (which has a great franchise mode) is now working on Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 11:48 AM   #12
Emerald Archer

Sphinx's Arena

Well that stinks. I'm glad they're working on the issues but a little disappointed that I can't start my solo cfm.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #13
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

Lol I can't wait for metal gear solid V to come out so I can get it day one and wait to play the main story....

But serioisly just a start a CFM to mess around in if you really wanna play. I actually have two going on one with the Chargers and one with the cardinals, I usually wait for the 53 man roster to start my bucs Franchise anyway, but I'm still having fun.
Old 08-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #14
MVP

dubplate's Arena

OVR: 12

So they can't apply the fixes to current online CFMs?! I thought that was the whole point of creating one online. It even states as much in the game.

I appreciate their efforts, but if the game is not playable in its current state it should not have been released. Typically when someone purchases a product it works when you take it out of the box. If not it is considered defective.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #15
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplate
So they can't apply the fixes to current online CFMs?! I thought that was the whole point of creating one online. It even states as much in the game.

I appreciate their efforts, but if the game is not playable in its current state it should not have been released. Typically when someone purchases a product it works when you take it out of the box. If not it is considered defective.
Careful with this, #TeamLiterally will say the game works. You put it in your console and indeed the game functions, just not well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 12:03 PM   #16
Rookie

EricFreakingBerry's Arena

Really unbelievable...my brother and I just started a fantasy draft in offline CFM last night (since we can't couch play an online one) and so who knows how long this is going to take now. Guess this one will be a test CFM that I won't get attached to. I'm not where I can listen to the video, do they mention what fixes are being implemented that give us an idea why we *should* wait?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »