Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Gold Subscribers w/o EA Access

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Gold Subscribers w/o EA Access within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2015, 08:16 PM   #9
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Users without EA Access?

I'll update the OP as I find out more info. EA isn't responding for some reason. Based off of feedback on Twitter, it seems users that are NOT EA Access subscribers can download the trial for free, if they are Xbox Gold subscribers. A few of them mention they are getting 10 hours of gameplay. Just want to confirm a few more before updating the OP. Thanks everyone.
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-25-2015, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Trial Available Now For Xbox One Users without EA Access?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
EA isn't responding for some reason.
Now there's a shocking news flash! This has been the most poorly handled roll-up, and post-release damage control title I've ever seen with any EA Sports game I've followed. They apparently don't have a P/R handler for this game who will do anything other than highlight the few doting replies they get on Twitter. They're getting eaten alive on their Facebook page to the point that they've even quit trying to mitigate damage there... I'm just flabbergasted at the way this is being handled!?

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 08-26-2015 at 12:08 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:08 AM   #11
MVP

donkey33's Arena

I don't have EA Access at the moment and downloaded the trial. Screen popped up that I have 10 hours of game play left so looks like it's 10 hours just like on Access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Now there's a shocking news flash! This has been the most poorly handled roll-up, and post-release damage control title I've ever seen with any EA Sports game I've followed. They apparently don't have a P/R handler for this game who will do anything other than highlight the few doting replies they get on Twitter. They're getting eaten alive on their Facebook page to the point that they've even quit trying to mitigate damage there... I'm just flabbergasted at the way this is being handled!?
I went to the game's facebook page just out of curiosity after reading your comment, OnlookerDelay, and holy (expletive)....I mean, I know that a lot of the comments are people trying to 1-up each other on the trolling/insulting (as is customary on the Interwebs these days), but I think that might be one of the worst I've seen. It's good for laughs, though. Some of the comments on there are just flat-out funny. Obviously they've given up trying to curate that forum in any way, shape, or form...

I'd give a free demo a shot, though. The graphics look really good, I'll give the game that.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:38 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 0

You know it amazes me how troll like some previously respected golf forum posters have become lately........SMH.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:48 PM   #14
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
You know it amazes me how troll like some previously respected golf forum posters have become lately........SMH.
If I'm coming off like a troll for stating my honest opinions, then I guess I need to re-evaluate my comments. I'm not trying to troll the game, but I'm seriously disappointed in the current state of the game and almost as disappointed in the way EA Sports has done virtually nothing to address the commonly expressed complaints about the game. I had high hopes for this game setting a new standard for next-generation golf games, and it may very well do so eventually, but right now it's got a pretty tough row to hoe.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
If I'm coming off like a troll for stating my honest opinions, then I guess I need to re-evaluate my comments. I'm not trying to troll the game, but I'm seriously disappointed in the current state of the game and almost as disappointed in the way EA Sports has done virtually nothing to address the commonly expressed complaints about the game. I had high hopes for this game setting a new standard for next-generation golf games, and it may very well do so eventually, but right now it's got a pretty tough row to hoe.
Not coming off like a troll from my perspective. Not sure where that comment came from....maybe he was referring to the Facebook posters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #16
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietasterp
Not coming off like a troll from my perspective. Not sure where that comment came from....maybe he was referring to the Facebook posters?
No, that was directed at me and he wasn't just firing a shot across the bow... he really meant it and because I respect him as a poster, I have to seriously consider what he said. I tend to not get bent out of shape over something somebody says on the internet and as a result, I'm overly tolerant of abrasive posters, probably to a fault. I can see where I could easily fall into the trap of getting overly sarcastic and facetious, as I think is the case here. Every now and then I need a course correction and this is one of them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »