Home

NBA 2K16 Screenshots - Higher Resolution Images of Recent Player Rating Screenshots

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Screenshots - Higher Resolution Images of Recent Player Rating Screenshots within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2015, 07:16 PM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejohns1004
aren't the games already made though and preparing to go gold?
They are probably in the process of finishing up the game and putting the finishing touches on. That's a reason why these screenshots look a lot better than the first batch of screenshots.

One reason you typically see more gameplay around this time is because gamescom, I believe, is usually later than it was this year and that's when you see some gameplay leaks popping up. 2K doesn't usually release official gameplay videos, asides from trailers, until close to release.

To me it seems like both EA and 2K are playing it safe. We are essentially a month away from release and both companies have been relatively quiet, although 2k has been making a push this past week or so. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before both companies start unloading with info and videos.
Old 08-27-2015, 12:16 AM   #10
Just started!

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
They are probably in the process of finishing up the game and putting the finishing touches on. That's a reason why these screenshots look a lot better than the first batch of screenshots.

One reason you typically see more gameplay around this time is because gamescom, I believe, is usually later than it was this year and that's when you see some gameplay leaks popping up. 2K doesn't usually release official gameplay videos, asides from trailers, until close to release.

To me it seems like both EA and 2K are playing it safe. We are essentially a month away from release and both companies have been relatively quiet, although 2k has been making a push this past week or so. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before both companies start unloading with info and videos.
scottyP, a month from release a game is done. The last month is for the creation of disks and shipping them out to retailers. It's one of the reasons we have day 1 DLC. Devs can't add anything to the disk in the final month before release so they work on something else or continue to fix bugs and include those fixes in a first day patch. The game is completely done and being put on disks probably as I'm typing this. They most likely don't want to show footage because of NBA Live.
Old 08-27-2015, 01:53 AM   #11
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Re: NBA 2K16 Screenshots - Higher Resolution Images of Recent Player Rating Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragin
scottyP, a month from release a game is done. The last month is for the creation of disks and shipping them out to retailers. It's one of the reasons we have day 1 DLC. Devs can't add anything to the disk in the final month before release so they work on something else or continue to fix bugs and include those fixes in a first day patch. The game is completely done and being put on disks probably as I'm typing this. They most likely don't want to show footage because of NBA Live.
Sports games don't go gold like other genres. They probably won't go gold until the first week of September or right after Labor Day.The fact that they just implemented lighting changes within the last 2 weeks confirms that. They're not showing gameplay because it's not the time in their marketing schedule for it. Live has nothing to do with it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 01:12 PM   #12
Just started!

I'm a 2k lover for life 😈
Old 08-27-2015, 04:01 PM   #13
Rookie

JayBillups36's Arena

I'm about screenshotted out let's see this pup running
Old 08-27-2015, 04:07 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K16 Screenshots - Higher Resolution Images of Recent Player Rating Screensho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragin
They most likely don't want to show footage because of NBA Live.
That awkward moment where a human being in the year 2015 thinks 2K should have the same marketing calendar as a series on the verge of extinction.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters
Old 08-27-2015, 04:18 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 14

Tony Parker stands out, and not in a good way. On the one hand makes me appreciate the enhancement that is body scanning, and on the other hand has me a bit concerned about oft overlooked star players that may have not been scanned.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »