Home

NBA Live 16 Interview with Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Interview with Sean O'Brien and Erika Esola-Imburgio within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2015, 10:33 PM   #17
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA LIVE 16 Interview w/ Sean Ob

When Synergy is now 0-4 in its effort to replicate how how players play in real life....roster editing definitely has an impact on the way the game plays....

Really as simple as that...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 PM   #18
PC/PS4 Gamer

Rob. D's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
When Synergy is now 0-4 in its effort to replicate how how players play in real life....roster editing definitely has an impact on the way the game plays....

Exactly ... I don't even see how you can trust synergy when the AI has no idea what its doing. Giving user roster editing along with sliders removes the need for synergy and they know it lol.

Last edited by Rob. D; 08-27-2015 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't really see how Synergy could have any impact on Live's gameplay the last two years when Live's gameplay the last two years just wasn't that good to begin with.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:55 PM   #20
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Nate
Don't really see how Synergy could have any impact on Live's gameplay the last two years when Live's gameplay the last two years just wasn't that good to begin with.

It truly is amazing, that you don't even know what you said. Reread this a few times, you'll get it. Your subconscious is spinning these mental gymnastics forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 08-28-2015 at 12:02 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 11:57 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
roster editing and sliders are completely different. There are sliders for the game to play how you want it to play. There is no roster editing
So if lebron alone isnt posting up as much as id like, im supposed to go to sliders and make a universal change?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2015, 11:59 PM   #22
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I think it was a priority on the gameplay side for the synergy stuff to matter this year. I thought the last 2 years every team played the same, and I'll be curious to see if we see something different once the demo drops.

I know what I saw at EA though, and IF the gameplay makes the leap that they think it will (and again, I have my own opinions about that that you can figure out by reading some of my posts), a large leap in gameplay paired with an exciting new mode is almost enough to make up for a lack of changes to Dynasty. It's not going to be enough for me to not need two basketball games this year, but if there isn't an improvement to 2K's defensive AI, Live might be able to complete on the gameplay side.

Oh, and the crew we had for the Live event in July (myself included) desperately wants to fight for Dynasty and LUT next year. We had 4 hardcore Dynasty guys and 4 hardcore LUT guys, so trust me when I say that Dynasty is going to be discussed A LOT. I wrote articles like this for every team last year and I plan on doing it again this year. I'm insane when it comes to franchise/dynasty stuff in NBA games. I'll fight for it.

Last edited by mrprice33; 08-28-2015 at 12:06 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:24 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by noshun
It truly is amazing, that you don't even know what you said. Reread this a few times, you'll get it. Your subconscious is spinning these mental gymnastics forever
None of this makes any sense to me bro.

Last edited by Basketball Nate; 08-28-2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 08-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #24
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Really disappointed at these devs approach i.e. ignorance to the topic of editing. :

Anyways, that new camera being a hybrid of baseline and broadcast cams definitely sounds like the rumored "Live 95" 45-degree angle cam...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »