Home

NHL 16 Be a Pro Details and Trailer Revealed

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Be a Pro Details and Trailer Revealed within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 05:48 PM   #9
MVP

FBeaule04's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: NHL 16 Be a Pro Details and Trailer Revealed

I hope this mode got the work it deserve because it can be a lot of fun.

I'm mainly looking for 2 things as a make of break for me with this mode.

1- If the sim to next shift with a D-Man is like it was in previous version we're the D-Man you replaced leave the defensive zone to make a change with you, then playing D on this mode is useless.

2 - Is there any contribution from the other lines on your team. If that's still the same issue then in previous versions, it's again useless. It's not normal than 90% of the goals scored is from the line your on and 90% of the goals allowed is from the line you face on the ice.

If those two things are still the same, the mode would again be a big deception.
Old 08-16-2015, 07:24 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

That's 2 years in a row I saw a First-person view in a trailer. I wonder if that's something being looked at to implement.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:18 AM   #11
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
That's 2 years in a row I saw a First-person view in a trailer. I wonder if that's something being looked at to implement.
Huh? At what point in the video was that? I did not notice any first person gameplay view...?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2015, 12:00 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Huh? At what point in the video was that? I did not notice any first person gameplay view...?

The 28 sec mark of the video. Also, last year's trailer had a quick 1st person view, 33 second mark,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbskn16gpQE

Last edited by sweetjones; 08-18-2015 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:17 AM   #13
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1

Does anybody know how the aspect of "ingame actions affecting your player's progression" will work? I.e. will it be like in FIFA15 where when you do a specific move or shoot a spectacular goal (for example) it will show you the XP gained right in game? Because my fear is that I won't be able to track which action may have affected which XP gain. I hope you get what I mean
Old 09-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #14
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody19
Does anybody know how the aspect of "ingame actions affecting your player's progression" will work? I.e. will it be like in FIFA15 where when you do a specific move or shoot a spectacular goal (for example) it will show you the XP gained right in game? Because my fear is that I won't be able to track which action may have affected which XP gain. I hope you get what I mean
In past games, you could see your coach's feedback. Not by specific actions, but it gave you areas of your game you were playing well/poorly at. Like playing in position, passing the puck well, scoring, turnovers, penalties, etc.

Example:
+ nice assist
+ good job taking the body

- you were on the ice for a goal against
- cut down on turnovers

Generally speaking, score a couple goals, put up a couple assists, land some hits, your player will earn more XP than if you have an empty box score line or take a bunch of penalties and turn the puck over constantly.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:19 PM   #15
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjones
Seriously, I don't understand why they show things like this that don't appear to be possible in the game.

First person fighting kinda sucked, so I don't know how much confidence I'd have that they could pull it off, but something like that might get me interested in BaP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2015, 06:39 AM   #16
Rookie

Woody19's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
In past games, you could see your coach's feedback. Not by specific actions, but it gave you areas of your game you were playing well/poorly at. Like playing in position, passing the puck well, scoring, turnovers, penalties, etc.

Example:
+ nice assist
+ good job taking the body

- you were on the ice for a goal against
- cut down on turnovers

Generally speaking, score a couple goals, put up a couple assists, land some hits, your player will earn more XP than if you have an empty box score line or take a bunch of penalties and turn the puck over constantly.
Thanks. Yeah, I've seen that in previous versions. What I like in FIFA is that you get direct feedback on your (positive) actions in form of popups, saying something like "25XP gained for game-tying goal" or similar. That makes the whole XP thing more transparent

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »