Home

Madden NFL 16 Video - Some Thoughts on the Short Passing Game

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16 Video - Some Thoughts on the Short Passing Game within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 16: Some Thoughts on the Short Passing Game

Using the same play over and over.. Funny how this can happen still yet even after they have touted how the " CPU adapts " for I dont know how long.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:00 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOS1181
Using the same play over and over.. Funny how this can happen still yet even after they have touted how the " CPU adapts " for I dont know how long.
While I agree that the AI could adapt better....you're joking with it being used in this context, right? It's practice mode, it's not supposed to adapt here. It's supposed to run the play you tell it to on defense every single time.

Last edited by bcruise; 09-03-2015 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
While I agree that the AI could adapt better....you're joking with it being used in this context, right? It's practice mode, it's not supposed to adapt here. It's supposed to run the play you tell it to on defense every single time.
Practice mode is supposed to simulate an actual game. So why shouldn't the AI adjust if you're running the same play over and over again? You're just making excuses for the poor AI in Madden.

This video is one of the reasons why I haven't touched a Madden game in 4 or 5 years running now. You can win with the same garbage over and over again. Every team feels the same, and the differences between winning against a live person and not winning is do you know how to exploit the AI and can you control a player well enough to disrupt the other players ability to exploit the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
Practice mode is supposed to simulate an actual game. So why shouldn't the AI adjust if you're running the same play over and over again? You're just making excuses for the poor AI in Madden.

This video is one of the reasons why I haven't touched a Madden game in 4 or 5 years running now. You can win with the same garbage over and over again. Every team feels the same, and the differences between winning against a live person and not winning is do you know how to exploit the AI and can you control a player well enough to disrupt the other players ability to exploit the AI.
Practice mode is supposed to allow you to practice plays, never was it intended to simulate a game.
That is why after each play it resets to the original LOS. Never thought I would need to explain that.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Practice mode is supposed to allow you to practice plays, never was it intended to simulate a game.
That is why after each play it resets to the original LOS. Never thought I would need to explain that.
Apparently you've never played a real sport in your life. The whole point of practice is to simulate the real thing, so that when you do the real thing you're properly prepared. Never thought I'd need to explain that.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:57 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Apparently you've never played a real sport in your life. The whole point of practice is to simulate the real thing, so that when you do the real thing you're properly prepared. Never thought I'd need to explain that.
Then I'll tell you what, start up Madden and go into practice mode. Since it is meant to simulate a entire game let me know how your first drive goes. Tell us whether you go 3 and out and are forced to punt or manage to pick up the first down.

Can't wait to hear your results.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:57 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
Then I'll tell you what, start up Madden and go into practice mode. Since it is meant to simulate a entire game let me know how your first drive goes. Tell us whether you go 3 and out and are forced to punt or manage to pick up the first down.

Can't wait to hear your results.
Lmao...right. Some people forget it's a video game bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2015, 08:39 AM   #16
Rookie

wundrbread33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 16 Video - Some Thoughts on the Short Passing Game

Quote:
Dude, he isn't arguing on what a REAL practice is, he is just trying to tell you how the MADDEN practice operates.

Every play is independent from the last. It resets. This allows you to see what plays work against certain defensive looks. If the AI adapted in practice, it would make it difficult to lab plays and determine their use in different situations.

It has been this way in Madden for as long as I can remember.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »