Home

NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change & More

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change & More within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2015, 04:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Great additions but there is still NO REASON players are not able to be edited during a season..its not cheating, its single player. Many times ratings are just wrong in the very slow roster updates. We should be able to edit these players like MLB:The Show during the season.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:49 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
The MOST important part of this article was this:

Ranked Quick Match – The perfect place to play EASHL if you don’t have an EASHL team or if your teammates can’t make it online. Quickly search for a Drop-In game of up to 6v6 to practice your skills or scout players. Play as your created pro, choose your position and your player class before entering the game.

It sounds to be OTP with your Created Pro. This is what I NEEDED to hear.

NHL 15 you could not play OTP with created pro. That meant no purchase for me. I do not enjoy EASHL at all. That mode is 99% of players glitch gosling nonstop -- and I have to even budget and set up my free time to play that mode with friends. Yes. Basically have to budget my time to deal with 24/7 cheating, exploiting, and glitch goals.

No don't get me wrong. OTP is full of that too, but to me not as much.

Plus I can drop in to play when I want to.

NOT have to schedule my day around to play I mode I want to play.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
#AyJay

AdamJones113's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change &

Incredible additions right here. Online shootout mode is going to be great as usual, glad that those people who wanted it got the United Center in, and there's even serious stuff in there for EASHL folk. After hearing time and time again that 3-on-3 was out, very nice to hear concretely the opposite.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:06 PM   #20
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 16 Adds United Center, EASHL Drop-In, Shootout Mode, 3 on 3 OT Rule Change &

I needed more reasons to be excited about next tuesday, and this sure helps. The improvements to defensive ai and 3 on 3, really caught my eye, Come on Tue.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:29 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3
Great additions. These are the type of things that EA NHL has been coming up short on at launch. I'm looking forward to getting back on the ice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2015, 05:35 PM   #22
MVP

Simple Mathematics's Arena

OVR: 11

Good stuff. I'm excited to see these defensive AI improvements. Now I want a roster vault!
Old 09-09-2015, 06:09 PM   #23
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
GAMEPLAY
Added NHL 3-on-3 OT rule changes.
General improvements to defensive AI logic.
Added an alternate goalie control scheme based on Beta feedback
Added option to toggle if precision skating is default or not for goalies.
Hint supports added for alternate goalie controls.
Improved logic for goalie interference penalties and allowed/disallowed goals.
This has me intrigued... Hoping this could mean that offline gameplay has been refined some so sliders don't need to be manipulated as much to get realistic numbers.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:45 PM   #24
Rookie

christian7210's Arena

OVR: 5
Gotta give EA props for listening. The edit player mode and inclusion of PNC Arena and United Center were responses to our persistence as a community. Typically we would be ignored (just like in NHL 15), but in this case they listened. Props to us as well. Great job all around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »