Home

Full List of PES 2016 Licenses Revealed

This is a discussion on Full List of PES 2016 Licenses Revealed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2015, 05:45 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Full List of PES 2016 Licenses Revealed

Very odd for Shakhtar Donetsk to be missing also a lot of unlicensed national teams. I guess we will see more Europe teams licensed next year via DLC.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #10

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Very odd for Shakhtar Donetsk to be missing also a lot of unlicensed national teams. I guess we will see more Europe teams licensed next year via DLC.

I'm really curious what the Euro 2016 mode looks like. I'm not expecting most so I won't be too disappointed.
Old 09-10-2015, 06:16 PM   #11
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
From a licensed team and stadium point of view, it's less than last year, which was already pretty low. Instead of gaining licenses each year, they seem to lose more each year. For this reason, this game will never compete with FIFA, and it's sad because the gameplay is actually better than FIFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2015, 10:56 PM   #12
Rookie

SirJakeR12's Arena

This game plays far better than FIFA so it is disappointing that they have next to no licenses. If this game had all the licensing and presentation FIFA has (MONEY) then this game would be the most complete sports game out there. The gameplay is that good. I'm also bias as I'm a huge soccer nerd.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:20 AM   #13
Rookie

christian7210's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
From a licensed team and stadium point of view, it's less than last year, which was already pretty low. Instead of gaining licenses each year, they seem to lose more each year. For this reason, this game will never compete with FIFA, and it's sad because the gameplay is actually better than FIFA.
Yup and PES just lost the Argentina Primera División A, in my opinion a tad better than the Campeonato Brasileiro Serié A and the largest top-flight league in the world with 30 (I know it's crazy but fun) teams. No Bombanera, no Monumental, both of which were present in last year's game. This means FIFA snatched it from PES.

It's a pity considering PES' visual enhancements and consistently solid feel. That said, I think Konami is falling into the 'European trap.' Sure, they landed Euro 2016, but that's not a weekly competition that keeps people glued to their clubs. Konami could very well invest in, say, the CONCACAF Champions League, Uruguayan Primera División, or Torneo Descentralizado (Peru). If you're known for your South American leagues, own up to it, especially if you can't compete with EA's financial strength. There are many immigrants in North America who care about South American leagues. That way, you sell more, and add authenticity to the game while boasting of better in-game experience.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:37 AM   #14
Rookie

I thought it said Argentina was licensed? Unless I'm reading that wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-11-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
Rookie

christian7210's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyezombie
I thought it said Argentina was licensed? Unless I'm reading that wrong.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Four clubs from the Primera División A plus all Argentine clubs in the 2014 Copa Sudamericana, 2015 Copa Libertadores and, in an upcoming data pack, 2015 Copa Sudamericana. The rest of the clubs in Primera A will have real players, but unlicensed kits.

The four clubs from Primera A:

Veléz Sarsfield
Belgrano
Newell's Old Boys
Banfield

The 2014 Copa Sudamericana clubs:

Lanús
Boca Juniors
River Plate
Estudiantes
Gimnasia y Esgrima
Godoy Cruz
Rosario Central

2015 Copa Libertadores clubs:

San Lorenzo
River Plate
Racing
Boca Juniors
Huracán
Estudiantes

2015 Copa Sudamericana clubs (via data pack)

River Plate
Huracán
Lanús
Independiente
Tigre
Arsenal de Sarandí
Belgrano
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 03:24 AM   #16
Rookie

Actually quite surprised that La Bombanera en El Monumental are not in there anymore. It would be more then nice if PES Productions/Konami would give an explantion for this. If they lose some stadiums, the why not add others? I am thinking of De Kuip, which ones was in PES. The amount of stadiums dont really seem to be a focus for the team. It is all about gameplay (hopefully more and better fouls will be in the final version).

Why they don't add in more unlockables is beyond me, cause we ain't all playing ML or online and I want some incentives to play for. Add last years boots, add all the historic balls from EL and CL finals (they had them in before!!), add in some legend teams, add in third kits for teams as unlockables and some historic ones as well. They used to do this better in the past. Now they seem to forget about these kind of things.

As for the licences, like FIFA, I only play with a handful of teams. And us PS4 gamers, at least will have most, if not all, official kits for clubs and nations through the file-share option. I would like to see more Eastern-European teams though, especially for CL and EL tournaments.

Graphically and gameplay-wise, for me, PES is really solid and I like it better then FIFA 16's gameplay. But the devs really, I mean really need to think about what keeps gamers attracted to a game, besides good gameplay.

And last, they need to have some more time/weather options like snow/fog games.

Come on Konami, add better fouls so we have more free kick opportunities (like in real life) and step up the non-gameplay elements. Then we are really back in business again. Still gonna enjoy the game for what it is though! Great job!

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »