Home

FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Demo Impressions within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 11:23 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

The FIFA 16 demo has been out for a bit, so there's no better time than now to assess where this year's game appears to be. Both Kevin Groves and Chase Becotte go in depth on this year's game based on their impressions of the demo after the jump.

Read More - FIFA 16 Demo Impressions
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 12:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
My biggest impression with the demo is all the work that seems to have been poured into making the gameplay as solid as possible. It's still not perfect and is not quite the "sim" level that PES manages to achieve, but I honestly am not sure that is what FIFA is aiming to be and it is nonetheless a marked improvement over FIFA 15. Presentation upgraded a bit, but nothing I would consider a grand slam in that aspect.

My biggest gripe is they seem to have ignored graphical upgrades all-together. The fans and players all look them same as last year and in 14. It's time for FIFA to LOOk next gen, as well as feel it.

Also, minor gripe/wish, but I would give anything for FIFA to introduce Broadcast Packages. Basically, for each major league, introduce a Broadcast Package that includes unique commentary, boradcast overlays, and maybe even a few added stadiums/player faces.

It wouldn't even bother me if EA included EPL with the game and then charged for Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue One, La Liga, MLS, etc. I would easily pay 5-10 a piece for Ligue One and MLS packages and added stadiums. Maybe that's just me though, but Tyler and smith are beginning to be a bore for me.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #3
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

Re: FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

To not be too repetitive as I have said this elsewhere this will be short.

Love the demo have over 100 matches in it and can not wait for the game. The women's side is right on and the best life like and fun representation of football a video game has ever had.

EA did us girls proud and just WOW thanks!
Old 09-11-2015, 01:05 PM   #4
Pro

Sparkles's Arena

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanAllen42
My biggest impression with the demo is all the work that seems to have been poured into making the gameplay as solid as possible. It's still not perfect and is not quite the "sim" level that PES manages to achieve, but I honestly am not sure that is what FIFA is aiming to be and it is nonetheless a marked improvement over FIFA 15. Presentation upgraded a bit, but nothing I would consider a grand slam in that aspect.

My biggest gripe is they seem to have ignored graphical upgrades all-together. The fans and players all look them same as last year and in 14. It's time for FIFA to LOOk next gen, as well as feel it.

Also, minor gripe/wish, but I would give anything for FIFA to introduce Broadcast Packages. Basically, for each major league, introduce a Broadcast Package that includes unique commentary, boradcast overlays, and maybe even a few added stadiums/player faces.

It wouldn't even bother me if EA included EPL with the game and then charged for Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue One, La Liga, MLS, etc. I would easily pay 5-10 a piece for Ligue One and MLS packages and added stadiums. Maybe that's just me though, but Tyler and smith are beginning to be a bore for me.
I kinda disagree with your statement about the graphical aspect. All of the player models and headscans look sooooooo much better than last year. I think the perfect example of that is looking at Messi from both versions. Every time i played the demo i was fooled by how much he looked real. Lighting and layer tones are greatly improved. Wish i could say the same about the graphic packages
Old 09-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FIFA 16 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkles
I kinda disagree with your statement about the graphical aspect. All of the player models and headscans look sooooooo much better than last year. I think the perfect example of that is looking at Messi from both versions. Every time i played the demo i was fooled by how much he looked real. Lighting and layer tones are greatly improved. Wish i could say the same about the graphic packages
Yeah I tend to agree more with this. The graphics and face scans have been improved up close for sure. It's that when you pull the camera out the game just looks kind of boring -- on some level there's not much you can do there because the camera needs to be pulled out.

NHL has sort of gotten over this hurdle by making the arenas seem more alive, and it seems like maybe that's what FIFA has to do. Just have lots of stuff going on in the crowd and make it feel more like you're playing in a very active arena as at least that makes things busier. A lot of these sports games (football, hockey, soccer) have to play from further away -- and in the case of hockey and football deal with equipment covering unique faces -- so next-gen can only happen in up-close shots a lot of the time, but there are still ways forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #6
Rookie

There is a lot of noise on the FIFA forums, and I have watched Twitch streams that seems to indicate this, that the final version is much faster and more arcade than the demo. This is terrible news for me and will keep me from getting FIFA this year if confirmed by the EA Access.
Old 09-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #7
Banned

Same game again, over and over, this is ridiculous. Fan boys and marketing taking this game to another level.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Yeah I tend to agree more with this. The graphics and face scans have been improved up close for sure. It's that when you pull the camera out the game just looks kind of boring -- on some level there's not much you can do there because the camera needs to be pulled out.

NHL has sort of gotten over this hurdle by making the arenas seem more alive, and it seems like maybe that's what FIFA has to do. Just have lots of stuff going on in the crowd and make it feel more like you're playing in a very active arena as at least that makes things busier. A lot of these sports games (football, hockey, soccer) have to play from further away -- and in the case of hockey and football deal with equipment covering unique faces -- so next-gen can only happen in up-close shots a lot of the time, but there are still ways forward.
I will agree it is more difficult and I think that's what I meant as far as graphically. The player faces are MUCH improved (though still severely lacking for some of the B listers. It seems EA goes for whole teams rather than cherry picking some well known but not household names) and the player models are..okay. But the crowd, the stadiums all look fairly outdated. If any crowd needs to be alive it is that of a Soccer game. I just look at Madden 16 and, even though this game has to be pulled back, it manages to have a graphical edge to it I was hoping to see FIFA have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »