Home

NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 04:32 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Hands-On Preview

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
No improved crowds? No real life like substitution?
The people who played yesterday have mentioned that the crowd is improved
Old 09-11-2015, 04:45 PM   #98
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

WOW is right!!!! I just pre-ordered!!! I'm all digital so I will download when I get off work and get home. BEST part is I didn't know when you pre-order digital you get in the 25th 😁😁 can't wait
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-11-2015, 04:54 PM   #99
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I thought Czar & Scott's blogs talked heavily about tendencies and how players behave.....did I misunderstand?

Rudy has had games with more attempts than Boogie....can't freak out too much about a sentence yet...

Maybe Dustin can elaborate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think this is a great point. Can't expect every game to play out 100% accurately and as expected especially in 5 minute quarter settings. One thing with sports videogames, similar to real life, is that each game can and will play out different.

In his OKC he talks about how KD struggled. That doesn't mean there won't be times where he is on fire and his hitting contested jumpers consistently.

I'd like to hear that Cousins was given the ball a bit more but I'm not going to base judgement solely on 1 game. Plus we don't know the settings either. CPU might play differently on Allstar Sim compared to Pro Normal setting.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #100
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Great read but did ZBo work you in the post? Did he pull off any of his post moves?

Last edited by Goffs; 09-11-2015 at 05:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #101
Rookie

Write-up just wetting my appetite fro 2K basketball that bit more...There's not all that much great info but it's good to read Dustin confirming everything that we have heard so far (particularly from Scott OG & Da Czar). 2 weeks cant come quickly enough!

Re the servers debate, I wouldn't say anything If I was 2K & here's why - They already have a terrible rep for servers at launch (given their 1st 2 Next/Current Gen games); They made a pretty big hoopla about how the servers are better last year and they didn't deliver. I couldn't go into the technical reasons why but it was a major issue - I for 1 lost all of my pre-order VC with my Myplayer, which left a sore taste.

At this point a whole load of people are just waiting for 2K to MENTION online so they can let them know how crappy the servers are. 2K coming out and saying "We have worked super hard and now our servers are awesome" is only going to invite a whole load of people to say BS and throw out a whole load of insults at them for how crappy it was last year. That does nothing because, even if it turns that the servers actually are awesome, there is a whole load of negative social media/press out there on the internet in the lead up to release, which is obviously not what they want.

They wont say anything because that way they can't lose. If the servers are crap, they get the same abuse that they would have gotten on release either way. If the servers are good, it will continue this positive marketing train BEYOND release.

So as I said 2K gains nothing from talking about online at this point. Unfortunately it's a case of wait and see.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 05:39 PM   #102
Pro

OVR: 2

About not being able to test the online servers workload, I remember in 2k11 they provided a demo with online matchups capability, they did it on purpose, to be able to track the online before the game drop, and (not coincidentally) 2k11 was the best and more stable 2k online since I can remember...

Cheers! ;-)
Old 09-11-2015, 05:48 PM   #103
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
About not being able to test the online servers workload, I remember in 2k11 they provided a demo with online matchups capability, they did it on purpose, to be able to track the online before the game drop, and (not coincidentally) 2k11 was the best and more stable 2k online since I can remember...

Cheers! ;-)
I thought something like this was done but couldn't remember. Tough enough man.
Old 09-11-2015, 06:37 PM   #104
Rookie

L_Diddy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
To be fair, he is partly right. We all have terrible internet considering the price we pay. At least in the US. We overpay so much for the quality.
You wanna come to Australia and try our internet connections out. Straight up garbage, we're so far behind other countries it isn't funny. And they have the nerve to charge us through the roof as well. This game is next to unplayable online here, good thing im a 99 percent offline player.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »