Home

NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2015, 09:49 PM   #17
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NHL 16 Video: Hardcore Gameplay and True Broadcast

Maybe my biggest problem with the game overall is, there's so few real WOW moments vs the ai. Because there's wow moments almost every time you have the puck. Only halted by superhuman goalkeepers, to prevent football type scores. Which to me anyway makes enjoying my GM mode difficult long term do to shear boredom. I mean, Bobby Orr will be for ever remembered for what any defenceman can do all game long in the video game, even in 2015. Well maybe that's a wow moment right there! lol.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:11 PM   #18
Banned

lions67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Maybe my biggest problem with the game overall is, there's so few real WOW moments vs the ai. Because there's wow moments almost every time you have the puck. Only halted by superhuman goalkeepers, to prevent football type scores. Which to me anyway makes enjoying my GM mode difficult long term do to shear boredom. I mean, Bobby Orr will be for ever remembered for what any defenceman can do all game long in the video game, even in 2015. Well maybe that's a wow moment right there! lol.

sounds like watching a Wild game.
you MUST be used to that by now!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #19
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4

I think an AI makeover could help a lot. Watching the AI on the powerplay, there's no real sense of setting up a play. Subban is on the ice, and instead of him firing bombs from the blue line like he does, he just constantly passes it to someone, who quickly throws it to someone else, who passes it to someone else at an odd angle, and maybe one of them eventually shoots. The AI still just seems to pass for the sake of passing, not to set up a good scoring chance.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:48 PM   #20
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

For guys who are seeing too much passing and no dump-ins from the CPU, adjust the CPU strategies. The Cycle/Shoot slider affects the passing and the carry/dump slider affects dump-ins. I'm not kidding it helps immensely with this game. In fact for me it's the only possible way I can get enjoyment out of it against the AI.

I haven't tried it yet with 16 but they've worked well since they implemented this into the game. The issue though is they still need to add a few more slider options, specifically for neutral zone pressure. Honestly if you already enjoy the game and your issues are with these two areas, then once you make the adjustments it will make the game much more fun for you.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-11-2015, 11:18 PM   #21
Pro

jaiman's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
For guys who are seeing too much passing and no dump-ins from the CPU, adjust the CPU strategies. The Cycle/Shoot slider affects the passing and the carry/dump slider affects dump-ins. I'm not kidding it helps immensely with this game. In fact for me it's the only possible way I can get enjoyment out of it against the AI.

I haven't tried it yet with 16 but they've worked well since they implemented this into the game. The issue though is they still need to add a few more slider options, specifically for neutral zone pressure. Honestly if you already enjoy the game and your issues are with these two areas, then once you make the adjustments it will make the game much more fun for you.
Has the option to adjust CPU controlled strategies in Be A GM been added? That would be huge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #22
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman
Has the option to adjust CPU controlled strategies in Be A GM been added? That would be huge.
That's what I'm going to check the next time I play, possibly tonight. The fact we couldn't in past versions pretty much ruined how good of a feature it is.

Anyone else know if this is possible?
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 09-12-2015, 08:58 AM   #23
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by lions67
sounds like watching a Wild game.
you MUST be used to that by now!
Ok, ok._.must admit that's a good one. Can't wait for the season to start!!

Last edited by Vikes1; 09-12-2015 at 09:02 AM.
Old 09-12-2015, 12:07 PM   #24
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33

So, for whatever reason, I have never seen these sliders in the settings of any NHL game. There is a general CPU Strategy Adjustment slider, but I've never noticed a slider for specific stategies like cycle/shoot and carry/dump.

Are you sure we're talking about the same game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »