Home

NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #9
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K16 Gameplay Video: Los Angeles Clippers at Houston Rockets

Lol at that opening screen attempt. Blocked dunk from behind within the first :30 seconds AFTER Harden methodically beats his man to the rim The slowing down to pass on fast breaks. The canned close out animations that don't allow you to actually run at the shooter. (Seen at :05)

Speed/agility and acceleration is so poorly represented in this game. It's maddening to see how many things they get right but the fundamental movement of the players is still an issue. There is no reason that Harden shouldn't make that dunk on the second play of the video. Literally no reason.

Old 09-14-2015, 11:42 AM   #10
MVP

MoneyOvaHuds's Arena

OVR: 0

Josh Smith the same CF since 360
Old 09-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JODYE
Lol at that opening screen attempt. Blocked dunk from behind within the first :30 seconds AFTER Harden methodically beats his man to the rim The slowing down to pass on fast breaks. The canned close out animations that don't allow you to actually run at the shooter. (Seen at :05)

Speed/agility and acceleration is so poorly represented in this game. It's maddening to see how many things they get right but the fundamental movement of the players is still an issue. There is no reason that Harden shouldn't make that dunk on the second play of the video. Literally no reason.
I've been a little surprised at the types of dunks certain players have been attempting in these videos. Obviously, it's been nothing crazy like windmills in traffic and stuff, but Zach Randolph had a baby Shaq slam, Kevin Love had a power two-hander (not too shabby) and now James Harden's trying to take off of two-feet for a David Robinson special with a brief run-up (leading to it being blocked when he brings it behind his head).

Again, not alarming, but I might tweak it jusssst a little bit. It's probably hard to find a happy medium, as I think I heard big men didn't dunk inside at all last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

I think it probably would have been a good idea to use the 2k scan for the player pic right before an action replay just to keep the jersey updated.

I think this was my least favorite gameplay vid of all of them. Still, very very excited.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:46 AM   #13
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Are cpu players capable of taking hook shots? Is that animation even in the game still?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-14-2015, 11:56 AM   #14
Banned

Very underwhelmed by this video, still see the same animations you are sucked into, players releasing shots is still awkward, fast breaks are still not FAST, slowing down when making a pass, commentary is still unnatural and Greg Anthony sounds weird. Honestly, I don't see the difference between previous games except for the faces and pick and roll definitely looked better.

Last edited by yellow86; 09-14-2015 at 11:58 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #15
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I liked what I've seen from all the videos...only gripe I might have is with the 0:58 second mark of this video when Dwight goes for the block and pulls his hand back like some sort of invisable force field. Sure if he has 5 fouls and doesnt want to pick up his sixth then sure....but I've always hated when that happened.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2015, 12:02 PM   #16
Rookie

What I didn't like:
1.) Transitional defense
Check fastbreaks from LAC starting from 0:29 and 0:51. In the first fastbreak Terry is "helping" (hedging) Ariza defending Paul (even when Paul is properly defended by Ariza), giving up a space for Blake Griffin's alley-up.

The second fastbreak is showing similar behavior. Why in the world should Howard "hedge" Paul, who is going left and away from the paint only to give room for a neat Paul assist to Pierce?

2.) Keep players in court - Out of bounds wall.
Harden at 0:45 does a left hesitation which should result in out of bounds call. But he is clipped and he stays in the court.

3.) Defense falling when contact from driving player is made
Check 0:47. Blake Griffin falls on the floor when in fact it should be offensive or defensive faul. Also check video between Chicago and Memphis, when Buttler sends Conley to the floor.

4.) Traveling
Beverly at 2:44

5.) Returning to the defense at 3:52. Check Monteiunas and his walking back to the defense. Only when Paul get to the same height on the court only then he started to sprint back to the defense.

Otherwise... good..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »