Home

NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 11:20 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
So I know this mite not be the case but is this all the info were getting regreding mycareer? The news so far was crazy good more then what I thought or expected. Just wanna know now if there going to be detailed info on mycareer stuff being this is the week for mycareer. More news please & thank you 👍.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:19 PM   #10
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Icon14 Re: NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Loved the majority of what I saw yesterday....it's going to be a long 10 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I was too busy yesterday to comment in the several threads, but here are my overall takeaways and reactions:

• The game looks smoother as a basketball simulation game, with more animations to smooth out the edges as players move, as promised
  • You can see the implementation of foot planting as we have been told, but I think the real difference will come when we get the game in hand and can feel the level of control and responsiveness
  • I read through all the critiques of each video and while many (not all) have merit, and most were intended constructively, the game overall looks like a genuine improvement over last year in several areas.
  • Following up on that, I never expected zero sliding or perfect foot planting, maybe ever, but certainly in one year of real foot planting implementation. The test for me is if sliding amounts to warping that so breaks the physics that it looks absurd and changes gameplay based on what the dice rolls under the hood dictate. I don't see that.
  • It still would be nice to see bowling pin defenders who drop in the paint go away. Certainly other failed contest animations should be able to replace that. Also, I expect there may be adjustments to shot tendencies in the post so that doesn't worry me a ton.
  • The team based basketball movement promised on offense and defense looks legit. I'm really excited to play the game and excited for OG and Czar for having accomplished all they did this cycle. Bravo, boys. That said, we've barely seen it because we have not seen games long enough to show adjustments and the way games flow dynamically. I expect it to be even more impressive once we do.
  • Overall, the devs made some strong claims to us about gameplay prior to release and everything I see in the videos supports their claims and feels consistent with what we have heard from community day.
  • I'm looking forward to seeing the improvements in franchise modes and hope that trade logic, draft classes and many of the other little things that go into improving those modes will be well implemented as well.
This is the time of year when I either decide to buy on relsease, buy after a few weks of community reaction, or pass. This year, 2k got my preorder because I like their track record of working to make genuine improvements from community input. I wanted to reward that in my own small way. (Incidentally, this is also why I have avoided another sports game for two years in a row now).

Not only have I seen nothing to cause me to doubt that decision, I'm maybe even more enthusiastic to get my hands on the game - not because I think it will be perfect in every way, but because I feel like I now have a more complete picture of the game as it really is, not just based on pre-release marketing and communication. Seeing some imperfections, and seeing that they look minor to me, makes me feel even more confident, if that makes sense.

Last edited by LorenzoDC; 09-15-2015 at 12:33 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 12:33 PM   #11
Rookie

3mir's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBaYVo89mmY
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 12:36 PM   #12
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by LorenzoDC
IThe test for me is if sliding amounts to warping that so breaks the physics that it looks absurd and changes gameplay based on what the dice rolls under the hood dictate. I don't see that..

Agree with you here....

Cosmetic sliding us going to happen and doesn't bother me as much as others....(of course efforts to clean it up are welcome) I'm more concerned about its direct effect on the game..

Old 09-15-2015, 12:47 PM   #13
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

I have my fingers crossed that some sort of Presentation Blog is put out for us to read all the little "tidbits" they've added to the game this year! (i.e starting line-ups for both teams and 3D floor shows)
Old 09-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Loved the majority of what I saw yesterday....it's going to be a long 10 days
yes ikr each day i get more hyped about 2k. haven't been this excited for a game in awhile
Old 09-15-2015, 01:24 PM   #15
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I need a recap of ALL the 2K news. Theres so much this year I forget most of it!!

XBLGT: tjor24
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Agree with you here....

Cosmetic sliding us going to happen and doesn't bother me as much as others....(of course efforts to clean it up are welcome) I'm more concerned about its direct effect on the game..

I feel as a simulation gamer you have to have a bit of an imagination. Cosmetics are all secondary in my book. I remember creating players in 2K8 and they looked like aliens lol

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »