Home

NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 02:13 PM   #17

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungOg1
So I know this mite not be the case but is this all the info were getting regreding mycareer? The news so far was crazy good more then what I thought or expected. Just wanna know now if there going to be detailed info on mycareer stuff being this is the week for mycareer. More news please & thank you 👍.
Ronnie said on twitter there is another unannounced feature in response to someone asking a mycareer question.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #18
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratedmoney
Ronnie said on twitter there is another unannounced feature in response to someone asking a mycareer question.
Tell Ronnie we'll be playing Live until he decides to say something
Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0
I'm so hyped for this game!!!
Old 09-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K16: Everything You Missed Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderphantom
I feel as a simulation gamer you have to have a bit of an imagination. Cosmetics are all secondary in my book. I remember creating players in 2K8 and they looked like aliens lol

I feel as a simulation player I actually have less tolerance for visual issues that take me out of the experience. Visual issues often (actually almost always) indicate abstractions and simplifications that depart from how things actually move and work in real life. I will make concessions because of the limits of the technology, but when visual issues actually cause a simulation resemble casual games with animation breaks and poor physics models, it reveals the mechanics and aspects of the game that aren't actually being simulated with authenticity. The more something looks wrong, the more likely it also works wrong.

Cosmetics cannot never be secondary or an afterthought in an authentic simulation that is simulating the dynamics of a physical activity. And look, feel, and general experience is as much a part of a simulation as is the result on the scoreboard.

How much we excuse as simulation players and fill things in with our imaginations says more about how some simulations are actually lacking despite what we want them to be, than what should really be the baseline for acceptable simulations.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-15-2015 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 04:16 PM   #21
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I struggle with calling myself a "sim player" because of the attitude a certain a part of the community has taken that I want nothing to do with....but everyone here who has played me knows how I roll...

(BTW Pared when are we going to finish our 7 game series?)

It's up to the player to be honest. I play basketball 3 times a week in 2 leagues... I just know there are things that you can't 100% replicate in a video game...but I'm also 100% with the developers constantly innovating and doing their best to try.

Being realistic isn't the same as being complacent...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I struggle with calling myself a "sim player" because of the attitude a certain a part of the community has taken that I want nothing to do with....but everyone here who has played me knows how I roll...

It's up to the player to be honest. I play basketball 3 times a week in 2 leagues... I just know there are things that you can't 100% replicate in a video game...but I'm also 100% with the developers constantly innovating and doing their best to try.

Amen!

The arrogance at times is just exhausting.

I play basketball. That's it. Call it whatever you want. I don't really care.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:35 PM   #23
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

#SimMasterRace

Btw we have to get some games this year
Old 09-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2
can't wait

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »