Home

NHL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One) within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2015, 04:58 PM   #9
Rookie

peter21's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: NHL 16 Review (PS4/Xbox One)

Glad to hear there are marked improvements in the game. My fear with the computer AI is that it's something that's not going to be fixed until they redo the code from the ground up. It seems to be the same issues every year, although it sounds like there are some incremental improvements.

If EASHL plays a fun game, I may jump back in and buy '16. I feel for the offline gamers though, because I just don't know if computer AI is going to hold up under scrutiny.

75 seems like a fair score though. This game is what NHL 15 should have been, and EA should seriously start thinking about doing away with the year development cycles. It's going to happen at some point. They could innovate in this area.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
Rookie

Smutka's Arena

OVR: 0

Are there any improvements to european jerseys? Sm liiga jerseys look so ****ty to real life...i remenber back in 2001 they had even sponsors ln the jerseys but just with a little twist on the words that there were none law involved
Old 09-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #11
Staff Writer

Wiggy's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutka
Are there any improvements to european jerseys? Sm liiga jerseys look so ****ty to real life...i remenber back in 2001 they had even sponsors ln the jerseys but just with a little twist on the words that there were none law involved
I'd have to get check and get back to you on that question.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 05:40 PM   #12
Rookie

I cant. I cant endorse this fraud by EA.
Last years game was a 2/10 give or take a point. Now they re-add old features, call them new, and everywhere I see it given a 7-8/10 rating, which isnt exactly great. Baically everyones relieved its not an utter failure like last year.
So EA wants 160$ from me for a 2/10 and a 7/10 game. Nah, ill wait for Fifa.
Old 09-15-2015, 06:11 PM   #13
Rookie

Vmascarello's Arena

GM mode player here... (Although I will be trying to get into HUT as wll this year)

I love the full customization of all the attributes of every league in the game. Now before I start my GM mode or any offline mode, I can customize the rankings of all NHLers, prospects, and draft hopefuls before I begin. Its a simple thing but its huge for a GM mode player. There is obviously a few things still missing but this game is definitely ggod enough to invest in.

No one was more disappointed than me last year. But, its time to move on and enjoy NHL because theres plenty to enjoy. Form the the visuals, different updated authenticities like mascots, goal horns and playoff atmospheres, player morale which seems like a cool add not a game changer but cool, progression is realistic in GM mode, and many others. This game is worth it. I cant see it coming out of my console for at least a couple weeks. Im stoked!
Old 09-15-2015, 06:54 PM   #14
Rookie

Why the hell is Slava Voynov in this game? And why is he an 87 overall??

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smutka
All the Liiga jerseys show up at timestamp 27:48 of this video:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #16
Rookie

headzapp's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy
It's certainly a valid question — what modes could be added, etc.

Just to play armchair designer for a second, I think some people would like to see a more fulsome career mode that actually has some presentational depth, a la NBA 2K. There's also room for an All-Star Competition or another novelty mode, such as minigames or drills. FIFA-style drills would really complement the on-ice trainer. A full practice mode for EASHL teams would be welcome, too.

Hopefully my review conveyed the enjoyment I had with the alterations they made to existing modes, but I would like to see the developers attempt something more than just iteration for their base modes. It's been quite a few years with the same template for these modes, even if some changes have added a bit of air in the tires.
I hope my comment didn't come off as rude.
I would love deeper modes, all star competitions, more and everything you said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »