Home

All NBA Live 16 Player Ratings Revealed For Every Team

This is a discussion on All NBA Live 16 Player Ratings Revealed For Every Team within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 10:48 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Ratings aren't everything but some of these ratings are so off it's comical. I'll use the Sixers as an example since that's my team but you can tell they just payed zero attention to them. As someone said Jah's 3 pointer is a 70?? Covington is the worst player on the team at a 62?? (Meanwhile Carl Landry is a 77). Lmao I can only laugh.
Old 09-16-2015, 10:52 AM   #18
PDX

RipCity71252's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: All NBA Live 16 Player Ratings Revealed For Every Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
How is Jonas Valanciunas the Raptors highest rated player ?? It makes no sense.

Side note: no James Johnson's face scan was not fixed.....yikes !
That was the one rating that stood out to me as well. We all know that these overalls are on the higher side, but an 88! But yeah, some of these place holders / artist representations are .

Luke Babbitt at 6:20...no words haha
Old 09-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #19
Rookie

seanhazz1's Arena

OVR: 5

Live has its own rating system, affected by different in-game contextual situations and tendencies. Before we complain, how does it all work on the court? The true shot percentage takes a lot into account, and until I see post play Bigs hitting 3's like Curry, I'll wait for further in-game testing. It was stated that the shot ratings are multiplied with other factors to produce a TRUE shot percentage.

EXAMPLE: If the tendency is 0 and the rating is 70, who's to say they aren't using 70 x 0= 0 ( or whatever formula they are using) for Okafor's true rating,. He would miss almost every attempt anyway. How do we know a 70 for a PF is the same as a 70 for a PG or SG regarding ratings? A 70 3pt with a zero tendency rating by a post player might be like a 25 for a wing.

From the Demo, with adjusted sliders, I definitely feel and fear the stars playing like stars, outside of some late game issues. IMO, When the ratings system is detailed in depth we can criticize then, instead of clamoring for a 2k-like rating which might possibly break the whole Live 16 experience further than some are already claiming.

I just think this will turn into another "give us EDITING" thread soon as more people react, instead of play testing, ironically, which is why we have it two weeks ahead of any other basketball video game release, to play and give feedback on what's happening in game. Personally, don't care if Lebron is rated a 20 overall and Jeremy Lin is rated a 99, as long as they each play in game, and look like like the studs and duds they are IRL, from tendencies to skill.
NBA 2k18
Madden 18
Absolver
STO
TWITCH Stream
BEAM Stream
Old 09-16-2015, 12:11 PM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Me and seanhazz1 will agree for the first time in a while.

I think I see what Live is going for with their formula...

I think the best thing we can do is point out guys who are playing above\below their skill level rather than worry about OVR numbers....then we can identify some real issues...
Old 09-16-2015, 01:01 PM   #21
Rookie

realative to everybody else ratings. j clarkson should be 84-87
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #22
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Live really needs to redo how eyes are portrayed on all of their player models. Even on players with black eyes they look far too light. And the players already with light eyes? Might as well be dead, or zombies. It's probably the single thing that kills the graphics.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:16 PM   #23
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

I can't get down with the ratings after even the first one....

I watch every game, so maybe my knowledge is better but Robert Covington is not the worst player on the Sixers...in face he might be the second best (Okafor hasn't played yet). And there's no way Canaan is only two points lower than Wroten if they say Jason Thompson is BETTER than Okafor even if he hasn't played lol.
And how would Jakarr be better than Covington too then? I remember I downloaded the 15 demo and saw Covington was extremely underrated on there too..it seems like they didn't even bother updating my team.

And it's cool if they're doing their ratings differently or they play differently in the game...but seeing him as the lowest overall on the team and probably one of the lowest on any team is a joke to me lol

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-16-2015, 03:48 PM   #24
Rookie

Erika has Blake Griffin as an elite post defender and help defender, even better than DeAndre Jordan, and that's the primary reason Blake Griffin is rated the same as Anthony Davis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »