Home

FIFA 16 Video - A.S. Roma Vs. FC Barcelona

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Video - A.S. Roma Vs. FC Barcelona within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 02:15 PM   #9
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 16: A.S. Roma Vs. FC Barcelona Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG
Good to see Barca dominate possession and put you on the back foot. Some absolutely lovely turns by Rakitic. There was one in the first half where he did a 360 and took small touches while avoiding a defender ultimately finding a teammate (That's good AI and player realism)

Bad to see Barca sending in high crosses, Busquets the furthest man forward, and the coverboy a virtual spectator.

There are some odd moments where Neymar & Messi show up as full-backs while Roberto and Busquets push forward. Those 2 (Neymar & Messi) rarely even track back IRL.

I'm curious to see what their tactics look like.
I am wondering if at least you get Neymar and Messi to actually stay forward via instructions. However, for Busquets pushing forward there is no hope on that unless they fixed it in the retail version as the DMF's do what they want regardless of what instructions are set.
Old 09-17-2015, 02:20 PM   #10
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I am wondering if at least you get Neymar and Messi to actually stay forward via instructions. However, for Busquets pushing forward there is no hope on that unless they fixed it in the retail version as the DMF's do what they want regardless of what instructions are set.
I don't have much doubt you can keep them forward as I felt that worked already relatively well last year. But yes making the CDMs hold back even on rushes is hard to make happen. I haven't toyed with it too much sans a couple times in the demo, but I don't have massive amounts of hope on that front.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:28 AM   #11
Pro

talucchesi's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I don't have much doubt you can keep them forward as I felt that worked already relatively well last year. But yes making the CDMs hold back even on rushes is hard to make happen. I haven't toyed with it too much sans a couple times in the demo, but I don't have massive amounts of hope on that front.
It's impossible to keep Neymar and Messi back trust me, I've tried numerous times. You can in Pes but their tactics are broken in their own right, but I'll save that for another time. This wasn't an issue in Fifa 15 so I don't know why it is now

Busi will stay back for the most part this year, which is great. Much better than last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 02:40 AM   #12
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by talucchesi
It's impossible to keep Neymar and Messi back trust me, I've tried numerous times. You can in Pes but their tactics are broken in their own right, but I'll save that for another time. This wasn't an issue in Fifa 15 so I don't know why it is now

Busi will stay back for the most part this year, which is great. Much better than last year.
Thanks for the details, I noticed in my online games tonight that yeah the players I set to stay forward still wouldn't really do so. In the grand scheme of things, I suppose it's better that they come back too far than stay up too far or stray too far up. But still, yeah the individual tactics being stronger would be nice.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:27 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Video - A.S. Roma Vs. FC Barcelona

I feel in FIFA Superstar players are scary in that they're usually just fast and impossible to dispossess. They don't move very differently from one to the next. It's nice to see a little more difference in movement and skills this year.
Old 09-18-2015, 04:01 AM   #14
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

Re: FIFA 16 Video - A.S. Roma Vs. FC Barcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeleTex82
I feel in FIFA Superstar players are scary in that they're usually just fast and impossible to dispossess. They don't move very differently from one to the next. It's nice to see a little more difference in movement and skills this year.
Yeah I don't have much problem already saying that skill levels of individual players feel more separate than ever, especially when you use fewer and fewer assists. A guy like Pirlo matters a ton for passing. A guy who can move and also dribble like Cuadrado really helps.

I'll be posting an online game for both FIFA (and PES) on the site by Friday afternoon, and it will include a ton of my thoughts -- based around visuals from that game as examples -- in the description of it (some of which relate to this).

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »