Home

FIFA 16 Video - Retail Vs. Demo Side By Side Gameplay Comparison

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Video - Retail Vs. Demo Side By Side Gameplay Comparison within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #17
Rookie

nicecool's Arena

OVR: 0
A game of football is not the contrast (and thus fouls whistled) is not a game of football.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:15 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaletore11
This looks really good. Yes, the AI offense is much better and they actually have build up play, but I'm the most impressed by the AI defense. You have to think before you pass or run, you have to plan every move in advance and play smart possession football. That was NEVER the case in previous fifas, I LOVE it.
Are you playing against cpu or online? Personally the game is basically the same as 15. At least h2h FUTis. Lob thrus are still way too powerful. Game is way too fast. Holding down sprint the entire game is still acceptable and players do not tire at realistic rates. Whats worse is they added a aggressive tackle option in assignments. EVERY player is a tackle monster on defense combine with flying all over the place= people lob thru the entire game
Old 09-18-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
Rookie

Basically FIFA has hit a wall and the game has flat lined. Coming from a die hard
Old 09-18-2015, 11:19 AM   #20
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
Are you playing against cpu or online? Personally the game is basically the same as 15. At least h2h FUTis. Lob thrus are still way too powerful. Game is way too fast. Holding down sprint the entire game is still acceptable and players do not tire at realistic rates. Whats worse is they added a aggressive tackle option in assignments. EVERY player is a tackle monster on defense combine with flying all over the place= people lob thru the entire game
Dammit, why did I order this?!
Old 09-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #21
Rookie

For reference. I only play UT h2h seasons and tourneys. I never play against CPU. And I also would like to add I probably play guys with HIGH elo. So my competition maybe a bit skewed at the moment considering its early access.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2015, 01:48 PM   #22
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Retail Vs. Demo Side By Side Gameplay Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwright25
For reference. I only play UT h2h seasons and tourneys. I never play against CPU. And I also would like to add I probably play guys with HIGH elo. So my competition maybe a bit skewed at the moment considering its early access.
I don't think you're entirely unjust in your opinion, but on some level I do think it might just be you're finding guys really good at FIFA as a whole. For a point of reference, I played someone last night who did what you described and handled him easily 3-1. Now I did go to elevated through balls a decent amount, but more because he was opening up huge swathes of real estate by playing this psycho style so I just would play the ball into space to avoid the chaos.

My general feeling so far is that yes the defending is still too hyperactive in the online environment, which leads to too many collisions and wild physicality (though there are more fouls for sure). However, giving up that much open space by being a psycho aggressive player is opening up more lanes than in the past, and I do think it's harder to recover. Stamina still does need to matter more as well in these online games, no argument there.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #23
Rookie

SpritePuck's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 16 Video - Retail Vs. Demo Side By Side Gameplay Comparison

I am just going to say it. A sports game will never be developed that when played online against other humans has real hardcore sim quality.

In my opinion FIFA 16 is the best FIFA to date. Online it is going to be explioted just as every sports game ever has been and will be.

The AI improvements are less noticble when someone else takes control of your opponent and stops the AI from doing all the good things it does when left on its own to do them.
Old 09-18-2015, 03:27 PM   #24
Pro

Re: FIFA 16: Retail Vs. Demo Side By Side Gameplay Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedtrucker
are missing the point of the comparison...

there has been a contingent of people on here that have been crying foul that the demo felt "right" and that the retail version was sped up and completely changed.

this comparison is to directly address those "concerns". as we see in the video, it was 100% placebo effect.
Nobody ever complained about the H2H or "Exhibition" gameplay. It was perfect in the demo and if you watched streams of youtubers who got the game early, it was easy to see that they didn't change anything.

It's the FUT gameplay that they changed from the demo build to the current pre-release build they have now.

I didn't miss anything. I'm pointing out that this comparison is pointing out something we already knew. They didn't touch the exhibition gameplay. It's the FUT gameplay that they changed and what the community was whining about.

Last edited by takki; 09-18-2015 at 03:30 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »