Home

Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.03 Details, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

This is a discussion on Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.03 Details, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 07:41 PM   #9
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.03 Details, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfsprince
Here's what Justin (Handsward, EA dev) said on the EA forum:

Wow, that response is concerning. I mean, I get it, fix the bugs first, but it's been how long now? I just thought we'd have more content by now.

I mean, what does the Rory team consist of really? 5 guys? It sure is taking quite some time to do so little. I'm sure it's not a big team, so I get it, but if you're going to go ahead and release a game this bare bones and promise content updates, you'd think there'd be more staff there to help the process along.

Patience is key I guess. Game is gonna be around a while since it's not yearly any longer, and I guess that's ok since golf really doesn't change year to year.

I was just really hoping that by now, we'd have more content. Thought that maybe it was all in the works and almost done already and just didn't make the disc and would be out shortly after.

Oh well. Guess we just keep waiting. I've got plenty of other games to play still with Madden, NHL, Forza 6, and then with Tomb Raider being free this month, add that to the list.
Old 09-21-2015, 07:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.03 Details, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

can they completely overhaul career mode through a patch? If not, ill never play this again.

I am not even the biggest golf fan but Ive been playing Tiger Woods for years, mainly for the career mode, and also online.

Where are the 4 man game modes online? Alt Shot, best Ball, etc
Old 09-21-2015, 08:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Wow, that response is concerning. I mean, I get it, fix the bugs first, but it's been how long now? I just thought we'd have more content by now.

I mean, what does the Rory team consist of really? 5 guys? It sure is taking quite some time to do so little. I'm sure it's not a big team, so I get it, but if you're going to go ahead and release a game this bare bones and promise content updates, you'd think there'd be more staff there to help the process along.

Patience is key I guess. Game is gonna be around a while since it's not yearly any longer, and I guess that's ok since golf really doesn't change year to year.

I was just really hoping that by now, we'd have more content. Thought that maybe it was all in the works and almost done already and just didn't make the disc and would be out shortly after.

Oh well. Guess we just keep waiting. I've got plenty of other games to play still with Madden, NHL, Forza 6, and then with Tomb Raider being free this month, add that to the list.
Well, he did say they'll shift from bugs to "other things" which I assume is content.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
Rookie

Golfsprince's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawley088
can they completely overhaul career mode through a patch? If not, ill never play this again.

I am not even the biggest golf fan but Ive been playing Tiger Woods for years, mainly for the career mode, and also online.

Where are the 4 man game modes online? Alt Shot, best Ball, etc
Depends on what you want in the career mode patch. If you want a cinematic type of career then you certainly won't get that in one patch.

You can get a calendar and trophy room in one patch perhaps.

Favorite Teams

Golf - USA Ryder Cup Squad

NFL - Bears, Falcons

NBA - Bulls

MLB - White Sox

College - Northwestern Wildcats, DePaul Blue Demons, UIC Flames, DuPage Chaparrals
Old 09-22-2015, 12:50 AM   #13
Pro

Very poor.

That is it? It is almost October now.

Really regret buying this one. Going to sell it.
Old 09-22-2015, 03:01 AM   #14
MVP

Klocker's Arena

OVR: 16

flop shot improvement is nice but man....

where is my weather? my clouds and rain?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:31 AM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Title Update 1.03 Details, Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

The update is out on Xbox One.
Still giving this game the benefit of the doubt but not getting my hopes up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2015, 09:43 AM   #16
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfsprince
Well, he did say they'll shift from bugs to "other things" which I assume is content.

True, but for the somewhat minor bug fixes we've gotten in two updates now, it just seems to be a very, very slow timeline. If bugs took this long, I can imagine the length of time for content...

Like I said earlier, maybe it's my fault for thinking that we'd get some content updates sooner rather than later. I thought maybe it was mostly done, and almost ready to hit, but just didn't make it in time for the disc and we'd get it within a few months to add in the previously included game modes. Wishful thinking I guess.

It just really makes me wonder though how small this team must be. Which is a shame, because the game looks great, plays good, has lots of potential, but it's looking based on the reactions of some that fans are just going to run out of patience before it reaches some of that potential.

Nothing against the team at EA here, I assume it's a small team, and just is going to take time.

My only real complaint though, at least give us an idea what types of content we can expect. Is it just new courses? New game modes? New golfers? I think they should at leave give some information in that department, just to give folks a reason to hang on. I'll keep the game regardless for my golf fix, but many others are moving on, or have already which is a shame, and may negatively impact the content that may be coming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »