Home

FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

FIFA is a game that divides the community like no other. On one hand there’s the online crowd, partly comprised of Ultimate Team fans who prefer a quicker pace and in general, more open gameplay. On the other, there is the offline simulation bunch who like to slow things down (whether it be through changing gameplay sliders or the speed of the game) and play primarily vs the CPU in Career Mode. While there are some who can navigate between both worlds, it’s clear that the two groups have separate ideas of what direction FIFA should take. If early indications are true, it looks like EA has listened to and catered the game to the simulation crowd.

Read More - FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 10:16 AM   #2
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: FIFA 16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Kev, I think you will be the only one on the internet rating FIFA higher than PES very well detailed review. I think this is the first FIFA release I have been excited for.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:18 AM   #3
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0

I respect your opinion but I just don't see how FIFA gets a higher score than PES this year by most reviewers like the previous poster brought up. I know I shouldn't bring up the other game in the FIFA forums so I apologize in advanced.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 09-22-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Rookie

Pass accuracy too high? We seem to play a different game. It looks like ping pong to me
Old 09-22-2015, 10:24 AM   #5
Rookie

Pretty much spot on. One problem is that player instructions (Stay back Busqutes!) don't seem to work. Gameplay problems pretty minor when compared to past games or PES. Career Mode (youth teams and real managers) and licensing still need work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 10:28 AM   #6
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
Kev, I think you will be the only one on the internet rating FIFA higher than PES very well detailed review. I think this is the first FIFA release I have been excited for.

It's all good. I've read a few reviews so far but EA's embargo is STRONG so I'm sure there will be a ton of them up today.

Should be interesting.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:33 AM   #7
Rookie

Have to agree with schnakenpopanz. I guess maybe its still too high for some, but I am finding it a lot less accurate than previous FIFA games. Some of that is the improved defensive AI, cutting off passing lanes, but some of it is definitely the passes themselves. Seeing more variation / sensitivity in strength. And the placement seems more varied as well.

I haven't been able to get the gang together for a true Pro Clubs match yet - they're all playing NHL - but the couple of drop-in matches I played were very "ping-pongy". Single-player against the AI did not have as much of the ping-pong going on.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:39 AM   #8
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49
Not much said about one of my biggest beefs with '15: do CPU teams actually play unique styles? It seemed like every team played the same way last year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »