Home

NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 10:35 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Trailer - Be Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Be this player, be that player or be yourself....Create a Legend coming back?
That mode had a lot of potential, back then it was too repetitive for my taste though. If, similar but different to mycareer, they could add a storyline there or maybe even incorporate an online aspect that would be amazing. Then again i only played it when the servers were down so maybe just keep it offline

I remember trying to turn jimmer into the greatest shooter of all time (not a great success) and travis leslie into a better d-wade (actually worked well). Travis leslie was a beast in that game and he fittingly wore #23.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #18
Pro

As for the trailer, i'll believe it when i see it. All i wanna do is be the next dennis rodman, do all the dirty work and grab boards which obviously won't work if i have to score 50 points to win a game. I hope it's true though but right now teammate ai has a questionable history, we'll see if that has changed.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #19
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
As for the trailer, i'll believe it when i see it. All i wanna do is be the next dennis rodman, do all the dirty work and grab boards which obviously won't work if i have to score 50 points to win a game. I hope it's true though but right now teammate ai has a questionable history, we'll see if that has changed.

It would be a good look it we could just be a great role player instead of the superstar.
Old 09-22-2015, 10:57 AM   #20
MVP

HypoLuxa13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
I echo this, I'd like to be a John Stockton type of point guard, racking up assists and scoring decently but only when needed. Can't do that in past games, your team would be horrible.

So if teammate AI hasn't changed, adding a Spike Lee story, a customizable MyCourt, off day activities, and all that fluff won't mean much. I'll still quit playing the mode after a few weeks because the gameplay will be boring.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:04 AM   #21
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
I echo this, I'd like to be a John Stockton type of point guard, racking up assists and scoring decently but only when needed. Can't do that in past games, your team would be horrible.

So if teammate AI hasn't changed, adding a Spike Lee story, a customizable MyCourt, off day activities, and all that fluff won't mean much. I'll still quit playing the mode after a few weeks because the gameplay will be boring.
The teammate AI (and lack of sliders to fix them) in MyCareer has been my number one complaint with the mode for years. I'd love to play a Stocktown type, find me a Malone, and run all over the league (maybe even going to bat a few times for my Malone to keep him from getting traded/going to pitch him in free agency to stay with the team) but I realize that's asking a lot at this point.

I think that's why they added playerlock and position lock in MYLeague/MyGm -- to satisfy that need a little. A compromise, but I don't know that for a fact.

Cause 2K is being all secretive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #22
MVP

MontanaMan's Arena

Jordan 4s look good.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:17 AM   #23
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
This ^^!! Game comes out in 3 days & still no presentation blog, no my park blog, no Ronnie vs LD2k stream, etc... Gotta love 2K's marketing
Wel they never said there would be a presentation blog, and we know pretty much all they've done already. That Ronnie Ld stream is a waste of time when over 70% of the video is of their mugs and the preorder page covering the whole screen like we need to pay to remove the ad. MyPark is today or tomorrow . I agree their marketing strategy is straight garbage though. This year we got several dev blogs , but those shouldn't have to be abnormal year to year and they should accompany pretty much anything that has recieved a decent amount of work.
Old 09-22-2015, 11:41 AM   #24
Rookie

iNolaNightmare's Arena

OVR: 1

I know this may be a stupid question, but if your my player is white, will your family also be white?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »