Home

Disappointing News on Divas in WWE 2K16

This is a discussion on Disappointing News on Divas in WWE 2K16 within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #73
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Disappointing News on Divas in WWE 2K16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did 2k say somewhere that WWE "didnt want them in"? Everything I've read has 2k being vague about why they were left out.

My theory (based on nothing but speculation) is 2k underestimated their popularity and didnt anticipate that the three NXT girls would be called up to the big show. Looking at the roster, every woman that is included was either previously created or a part of Total Divas (Eva Marie).

Given that divas are likely the least used wrestlers in the game, they likely decided to give those roster slots to other wrestlers they thought would be used more.
They're being incredibly vague, so they don't look like the bad guy, nor throw WWE under the bus. But it's been debunked about Sasha being scanned, they just scan everyone. But why else would Charlotte's shirt be in the crowd? I could see it having just been Charlotte and Sasha in. But I think they'll definitely use them as a big push for next year.

Old 09-23-2015, 05:27 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Did 2k say somewhere that WWE "didnt want them in"? Everything I've read has 2k being vague about why they were left out.

My theory (based on nothing but speculation) is 2k underestimated their popularity and didnt anticipate that the three NXT girls would be called up to the big show. Looking at the roster, every woman that is included was either previously created or a part of Total Divas (Eva Marie).

Given that divas are likely the least used wrestlers in the game, they likely decided to give those roster slots to other wrestlers they thought would be used more.
Nope it's just pure speculation, I think. A developer on the 2K forums has said that they tried very hard to get the NXT divas in but they couldn't. So it's just speculation. Also there is the fact that they scanned Sasha earlier this year. And there was one of Charlotte's shirt in a video of an older build. Sasha can be explained easily, like the dev they scan everyone they can just to get it done with. But how can you explain the Charlotte shirt in the crowd, with her not in the game? So that's where the speculation is coming from.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:14 PM   #75

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Does anyone think there's any chance that their theme songs and entrance videos get added (as part of DLC or a patch) for creation purposes?

No, right?
With all the negative backlash 2K is getting I can see their themes/entrance videos/moves being in the game already. If not then the moves could probably be part of a DLC.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #76
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

The point I was making with the comparison is that our voices were heard and we got him in the game. As far as the wwe not letting them in the game, that's not proven and from what I can tell was created by someone that thinks they know more than they do. So people ran with it and now here we are. 2k has never said anything like that nor did wwe. I think the guy a couple posts up is right. They didn't realize how popular the nxt divas are. And then it got to late in development to get them in once they realized it. Not sure why they couldn't be dlc though unless those characters are done already as well.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjam
The point I was making with the comparison is that our voices were heard and we got him in the game. As far as the wwe not letting them in the game, that's not proven and from what I can tell was created by someone that thinks they know more than they do. So people ran with it and now here we are. 2k has never said anything like that nor did wwe. I think the guy a couple posts up is right. They didn't realize how popular the nxt divas are. And then it got to late in development to get them in once they realized it. Not sure why they couldn't be dlc though unless those characters are done already as well.
Ok then please explain Charlotte's shirt in the crowd in an earlier build? 2K wouldn't do that if she was never going to be in the game at some point. Also 2K and WWE probably will never comment on what it is. If it's a WWE thing, you will never hear about it because it could hinder the partnership between the 2 companies.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:51 PM   #78
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23

And save the "other people have had their shirts in but didn't appear in the game". Those were a couple legends, it'd make no sense that a current wrestler's shirt would be in and not them.

Plus to say they weren't aware of how popular they are? Marcus Stephenson is still on the team, dude is a huge smark, the team is definitely aware of the product, I'm sure they tried to push them through as DLC at the latest.

It's been said by Brian Vore that WWE has to okay the list of wrestlers in. He said they tried to get Cody Rhodes in, but WWE wouldn't let them.

Old 09-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #79
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

At this point I personally don't really care what the reason is why they're missing. By my count this is the third game in as many years which will launch with significant members of the contemporary television programming missing or otherwise out-of-date:

WWE 2K14: did not contain Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, or Erick Rowan
WWE 2K15: did not contain Stardust; Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, and Roman Reigns were still represented as their characters from The Shield despite that that group broke up a full six months before the game launched
WWE 2K16: will not contain Bailey, Becky Lynch, Charlotte, Sasha Banks, or Braun Stroman

It's just unacceptable to me at this point that the video game representation of WWE will be out of date for a full calendar year. Particularly in a world where Madden NFL can provide player likeness updates for hundreds of in-game characters post-launch, and NBA 2K can provide new players, jerseys, courts, and all sorts of other content post-launch. This doesn't even get into Ultimate Team or weekly roster updates or whatever post-release support MLB The Show or FIFA provide.

If we consider WWE 2K16 to be a sports game, the amount of post-release support it gets compared to other sports games is paltry at best. I'm sure there are plenty of good reasons why this is the case, but at the end of the day that doesn't change what the situation is. Sure, we can use created Superstars to keep the roster up-to-date ourselves, and I'm grateful that that functionality is there, but that doesn't excuse the current situation.

It'd be a nice concession if 2K could get the entrance music / video assets for the missing characters in the game going forward, but given the track record of the game I don't anticipate that happening at all.
Old 09-24-2015, 12:09 AM   #80
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Ok then please explain Charlotte's shirt in the crowd in an earlier build? 2K wouldn't do that if she was never going to be in the game at some point. Also 2K and WWE probably will never comment on what it is. If it's a WWE thing, you will never hear about it because it could hinder the partnership between the 2 companies.
I wish I could explain it but to me it's unacceptable not to have them in and I will not buy the product until later, if at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »