Home

Madden NFL 16: QB Accuracy Comparison on the Deep Ball Video

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: QB Accuracy Comparison on the Deep Ball Video within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2015, 04:37 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16: QB Accuracy Comparison on the Deep Ball Video

In the past, Madden NFL 16 hasn't done the best job with QB Accuracy and differentiating quarterbacks. With the claims that ratings mean more than ever and that there would be a huge difference in how QBs play -- we decided to put that to the test with a comparison.

On one side, Aaron Rodgers is the best deep passser in terms of accuracy in the game. On the other, Brett Hundley is a third-string QB for the Pack who boasts deep-ball pass ratings that are quite a bit lower. If there's a difference in how each plays, we're certainly about to find out...

Test Settings:
All-Madden, Practice Mode Offense Only
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Madden NFL 16: QB Accuracy Comparison on the Deep Ball (Video)

One thing to note, EA claims that the distance for "deep passes" is 40 yards.
Medium is 20-40 yards
Short is anything under 20 yards.
Old 09-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
With Hundley.....the user is throwing the ball alot earlier
Old 09-23-2015, 06:54 PM   #4
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

One thing I don't see that happens in real life is receivers slowing down and speeding up to adjust to the balls thrown. It looks like if you miss on a deep ball you miss too deep, left or right. Very rarely can a QB drop a ball right into the basket of a receiver who is running full speed and need to make zero adjustment to the ball thrown. Hopefully EA will add this dynamic in future iterations of the game.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwaresacksqb
One thing I don't see that happens in real life is receivers slowing down and speeding up to adjust to the balls thrown. It looks like if you miss on a deep ball you miss too deep, left or right. Very rarely can a QB drop a ball right into the basket of a receiver who is running full speed and need to make zero adjustment to the ball thrown. Hopefully EA will add this dynamic in future iterations of the game.
It's how the tracking and coverage work. Players in Madden are programmed to go full speed to everything just about. If there is man coverage and you take control over the WR and manually slow him down and make that adjustment personally, the CB who is staring at you and not the ball will still stay full speed, reach the landing spot, and turn around to either jump for the ball, or wait for an animation between the WR and himself to play out.

I wish it wasn't this way, but I would imagine it'd be pretty hard to program the game to act more dynamic in that fashion. If there were some way to make it happen, it would hopefully be just another way to separate the good and bad defenders. The true elite corners are the ones who can still defend that pass by watching the WR's eyes and mirroring his movements without getting lost, tripped up, etc.

Like I said though, I imagine programming something in like that would be a big pain.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2015, 07:41 PM   #6
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
It's how the tracking and coverage work. Players in Madden are programmed to go full speed to everything just about. If there is man coverage and you take control over the WR and manually slow him down and make that adjustment personally, the CB who is staring at you and not the ball will still stay full speed, reach the landing spot, and turn around to either jump for the ball, or wait for an animation between the WR and himself to play out.

I wish it wasn't this way, but I would imagine it'd be pretty hard to program the game to act more dynamic in that fashion. If there were some way to make it happen, it would hopefully be just another way to separate the good and bad defenders. The true elite corners are the ones who can still defend that pass by watching the WR's eyes and mirroring his movements without getting lost, tripped up, etc.

Like I said though, I imagine programming something in like that would be a big pain.
Yeah I was afraid of this. I kind of figured receivers go full speed every snap. Hopefully the daunting task of programming more realistic actions being taken on the field can be had though. Throw enough money at the problem and I'm sure it can see the light of day sooner rather than later. EA has the money, but do they have the will?

Either way, the variation in deep throw accuracy is encouraging to see with what we are given and I'm still enjoying.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:15 PM   #7
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
It seems that all passes are either right on the money or way off target. And the accuracy rating is the percentage of passes that are on the money......which isn't really a true reflection of accuracy.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #8
Rookie

BigBadTom's Arena

OVR: 0
I just hate to see how bad these missed throws are. I mean I get it and I think the percentages for accuracy are probably right on the money, but the misses are absolutely astounding how much they are off. It would be great to see the qb overthrow the WR by a few yards instead of 20yards out of bounds. Also they need to have more 'inaccurate' passes that get to the WR, but are low, high, behind or just not perfect passes. It seems way to much like either perfect pass or severe miss. Closer misses and more slightly off passes would do wonders for the gameplay realism

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »