Home

NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28

This is a discussion on NHL 16 Tuner Update For September 28 within the EA Sports NHL forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 11:29 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: September 29th Tuner Thread

Just curious...... Are folks with tons of trips playing with default sliders?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #10
pissed, or parkinson's?

adayinthelife's Arena

OVR: 22

Quick question: does this tuner overwrite the previous, or is it 1.01? I have no clue why they started releasing tuners that overwrite previous versions, but unless there's something incredible it forces me to avoid any online functionality every year now.

For primarily offline players, this seems kind of important, unless I'm just overreacting? I simply don't have the time to tweak sliders every single time a tuner comes out, but I'd like to have the option to still play the occasional game with friends online...
Old 09-29-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangrel
Just curious...... Are folks with tons of trips playing with default sliders?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm not but I have tried both ways and its the same. I do hope they address this. There is some good in this tuner but the other was better. Maybe they can tweak it little. I do wish they had offline tuners and online tuners because I think its nearly impossible to fine tune one particular tuner to make both Offline and Online play right at the same time. They are two totally different animals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #12
MVP

Plus sliders make the tuner a different experience for everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2015, 11:49 AM   #13
MVP

jr86's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife
Quick question: does this tuner overwrite the previous, or is it 1.01? I have no clue why they started releasing tuners that overwrite previous versions, but unless there's something incredible it forces me to avoid any online functionality every year now.

For primarily offline players, this seems kind of important, unless I'm just overreacting? I simply don't have the time to tweak sliders every single time a tuner comes out, but I'd like to have the option to still play the occasional game with friends online...
Seemingly it overwrites...which is why I am going nowhere near it.
I have the game playing great for my tastes and don't plan on spoiling it.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #14
MVP

jake19ny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adayinthelife

It overwrites it. Your options will be latest or 1.00 but they are the same. In an early EA post on the EA forums, before the first tuner came out they posted that the new tuner would overwrite the old one so they don't have a bunch of tuners building up. It appears they just keep overwriting them. Why I have no idea because I liked the option to choose which one works best.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:51 AM   #15
MVP

Al_Tito13's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm not a poke spammer and I hate people who do it, so this was at least a good try by EA to increase tripping penalties when doing so. People would definitively need to adjust to avoid penalties. However, they may have overdone it a bit, especially when you consider that the poke check is one of the only tools available to defend in the game and that offense is still overpowered compared to defense. If there was no bubble at all for the puck carrier, where every little contact by the defense would cause him to loose the puck, then postioning would be even more important and poke check a bit less, however the game is obviously not programmed like that. Better stick collision detection would also help a lot to balance the game. With a better balance between offense and defense, then an update like that would have been great, but that kind of balance still need work right now.

A big negative point: why did the update overwrite tuner 1.00 and not create a new one?

Last edited by Al_Tito13; 09-29-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 12:00 PM   #16
Rookie

Just played another game, 10 pp, 7 for the cpu, 3 for me....8 tripping calls, a boarding and a hooking....playing with default puck control and poke check on all star...hopefully they can tweak this again and more variety of penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL »