Home

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #9
MVP

sbauer318's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIXk...ature=youtu.be

No way it is a $60 game
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
Old 09-29-2015, 05:47 PM   #10
MVP

ricky24's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

I just played for an hour and didn't see anything like that. I'm sure it's there but that guy in the video isn't exactly trying to play the game and if he was he's awful.

I did a few missions and actually skated around doing tricks and saw nothing like that.
Old 09-29-2015, 05:51 PM   #11
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I mean 95 percent of that video is just awful landings. I guess the game plays better when you actually stay on the board?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 06:20 PM   #12
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Yeah, looks like he was trying hard to exploit the glitches.

The only real turn-offs for me in this game are that "slam magnet" feature and the Mario star kind of thing. Everything else just looks like THPS, and I'm fine with that.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 09-29-2015, 07:34 PM   #13
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I'm really enjoying it. This is coming from someone who thinks Tony hawk 3 is a top 5 game ever though.

The special thing is different. Once your meter fills you hit lb to activate it. Then you get that blue trail thing you are talking about. After that every move you do is flashier and worth more points. I think I would have preferred the old method of just hitting the right button combos to do specials once your meter filled but it's not awful my any means. The slam thing doesn't change the game much for me.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:58 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

According to Polygon this game is profoundly broken.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #15
MVP

ricky24's Arena

And yet I'm going on 2-3 hours play time and Ive seen nothing that shows its broke. Those guys are having issues during the tutorial. That's like 2 minutes in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #16
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

Guys are just falling and blaming it on the game. Hard to take a review seriously when it's clear they went it wanting to hate it. If you like Tony hawk you are missing out if you let a review like that sway you.

Unless of course I've just got lucky for 2 hours straight tonight. I'm going to pick it back up later. It's definitely not online only like then say too. Very easy to play by yourself.

Edit: Also they complain about the stomp feature ruining a good run. that guy saying "oh you are high in the air. Well now you are on the ground!" Makes no sense. Unless you hit the stomp button while you are in air. Which is user error. Only time Ive used it so far is to go into a grind. Comments like that make me feel like they went in wanting to bash game.

Last edited by ricky24; 09-29-2015 at 09:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »