Home

Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android)

This is a discussion on Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Android) within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #9
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Power Pros and Bobblehead Pros aren't the same game at all. Bobblehead Pros was inspired by Power Pros but thats it.
Yea, this. Power Pros is high end quality. Bobblehead Pros was garbage.
Old 09-27-2015, 11:12 AM   #10
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
I love playing both series, but it seems like there is less and less English in each successive version. I wish Konami would just include an English language option.
Old 09-29-2015, 12:23 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Konami's Making Power Pros 2016 (PS4/PS3/Vita) & Pro Yakyuu Spirits Ace (iOS/Andr

There is still lots of time for Konami to announce PYS for PS4, lets not despair just yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 01:22 AM   #12

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
There is still lots of time for Konami to announce PYS for PS4, lets not despair just yet.
Its not going to happen, why keep a game that is only made for one part of the world especially if your company is hemorrhaging money.

Only reason why Power Pros is still a AAA game is because:

A)Its one of their most popular and best selling games

B) Its probably cheaper to make than PYS.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:06 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I love playing both series, but it seems like there is less and less English in each successive version. I wish Konami would just include an English language option.
Agreed, I like them both too but with Power Pros it really does feel like I'm missing out on the guts of the game with so much of its charm tied up in to the rpg elements.

So for a pennant race where I can get by with kana and knowing the baseball-centric kanji, I'd invariably pick PYS to play as the pitching and batting mechanics are deeper even though they share very similar foundations.

If Konami localised a PS4 Power Pro into English I'd be delighted but very surprised. A lot of the Japanese for the more complex game mode elements is tied up in the actual graphics rather than simply grabbing it from a text file and rendering it like EA do with their sports titles.
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

The fact that Power Pros is appearing on the PS4 is good news for us PYS fans!! Both games use the same stadium modelling and that combined with all the new facial scans that were done for PYS 2015 I suspect (hope!!) means the chances of it now being released on PS4 are pretty good.

The reason the announcement for Power Pros has been made so early is that the game is normally released in October, so it make sense they had to release news about it now.

My assumption was that AAA games were the ones that were aimed and released internationally like PES or Metal Gear etc. so I wouldn't consider either PYS or Power Pros to be AAA games for Konami as both are aimed specifically at the Japanese market.

Because of this it's unfair to complain about the lack of English in the game.... would be like Japanese people complaining about the lack of Kanji in MLB The Show.

Worst case scenario we only have Power Pros on PS4 which wouldn't be the end of the world seeing as it's such a solid game.

Guess we will have to wait until March 2016 to find out!!

Btw it's amazing to read that in the first two months of Power Pros being released on mobile/tablet it had 5 million downloads!!
Old 09-29-2015, 11:41 PM   #15
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintjimbo1885
The fact that Power Pros is appearing on the PS4 is good news for us PYS fans!! Both games use the same stadium modelling and that combined with all the new facial scans that were done for PYS 2015 I suspect (hope!!) means the chances of it now being released on PS4 are pretty good.

The reason the announcement for Power Pros has been made so early is that the game is normally released in October, so it make sense they had to release news about it now.

My assumption was that AAA games were the ones that were aimed and released internationally like PES or Metal Gear etc. so I wouldn't consider either PYS or Power Pros to be AAA games for Konami as both are aimed specifically at the Japanese market.

Because of this it's unfair to complain about the lack of English in the game.... would be like Japanese people complaining about the lack of Kanji in MLB The Show.

Worst case scenario we only have Power Pros on PS4 which wouldn't be the end of the world seeing as it's such a solid game.

Guess we will have to wait until March 2016 to find out!!

Btw it's amazing to read that in the first two months of Power Pros being released on mobile/tablet it had 5 million downloads!!
Yeah it does point more to a PYS on PS4.

Im not amazed, younger people play on there phones and younger people play PP. They cant get there parents to spring for a big tv.

Last edited by C.J.S.; 09-29-2015 at 11:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2015, 11:48 PM   #16
graphic artist

C.J.S.'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
Its not going to happen, why keep a game that is only made for one part of the world especially if your company is hemorrhaging money.

Only reason why Power Pros is still a AAA game is because:

A)Its one of their most popular and best selling games

B) Its probably cheaper to make than PYS.
Any numbers on sales PP vs PYS. I'd like to see how much more PP makes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »