Home

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

This is a discussion on Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 04:10 AM   #17
All Star

OVR: 0
Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
Guys are just falling and blaming it on the game. Hard to take a review seriously when it's clear they went it wanting to hate it. If you like Tony hawk you are missing out if you let a review like that sway you.

Unless of course I've just got lucky for 2 hours straight tonight. I'm going to pick it back up later. It's definitely not online only like then say too. Very easy to play by yourself.

Edit: Also they complain about the stomp feature ruining a good run. that guy saying "oh you are high in the air. Well now you are on the ground!" Makes no sense. Unless you hit the stomp button while you are in air. Which is user error. Only time Ive used it so far is to go into a grind. Comments like that make me feel like they went in wanting to bash game.

I used to love tony hawk but the last good one was like 10 years ago so no matter how good the reviews are I cant really trust that the game is any good. I may try to find it at redbox. Up in till like a month ago I had yet to see a redbox with ps4 and xboxone games though. Does it have a normal single player like tony hawk 3 threw American waste land had?
Old 09-30-2015, 09:02 AM   #18
MVP

ricky24's Arena

Re: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 Trailer - The Skaters, More Details on Create-A-Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I used to love tony hawk but the last good one was like 10 years ago so no matter how good the reviews are I cant really trust that the game is any good. I may try to find it at redbox. Up in till like a month ago I had yet to see a redbox with ps4 and xboxone games though. Does it have a normal single player like tony hawk 3 threw American waste land had?

It's set up just like the early ones. You play on a level and go through missions and look for hidden objects. You can play most of the missions coop too. It's nothing like any Tony hawk game after 4. I stopped playing them after underground. They got to different than the early ones for me.
Old 09-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

The structure of the career mode is:

Free Skate -- no timer while you collect S-K-A-T-E, C-O-M-B-O, hidden DVD, hidden VHS, and knock over X number of objects (think the wooden crates in THPS 1 Warehouse).

Missions -- go to a spot on the map and compete in various challenges with a timer.

You can only unlock attribute upgrades for your skater by completing those missions.

So far I only see 8 levels in the career mode, though based on previous THPS games, there may be more to unlock?
Old 09-30-2015, 03:54 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Is EA really never going to make a new gen version of Skate??? I mean seriously, that game took a big steamy dump on the Tony Hawk series.
The team that made the Skate series (BlackBox) was shut down by EA a long time ago.

So a new team would have to be formed, for any potential Skate sequel.

The original trilogy is on sale right now for 50% off if you have an Xbox 360.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 PM   #21
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
It's set up just like the early ones. You play on a level and go through missions and look for hidden objects. You can play most of the missions coop too. It's nothing like any Tony hawk game after 4. I stopped playing them after underground. They got to different than the early ones for me.

Oh ok good to know. Tony hawk 4 was my favorite one and up threw tony hawk wasteland I still liked the game a lot but I thought wasteland was when the franchise started to go down hill and then after wasteland they just sucked. There was not a lot of previews and such leading up to the game coming out so I didn't know if it had things like score so many points and collect skate ect like the old ones did.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 PM   #22
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
The structure of the career mode is:

Free Skate -- no timer while you collect S-K-A-T-E, C-O-M-B-O, hidden DVD, hidden VHS, and knock over X number of objects (think the wooden crates in THPS 1 Warehouse).

Missions -- go to a spot on the map and compete in various challenges with a timer.

You can only unlock attribute upgrades for your skater by completing those missions.

So far I only see 8 levels in the career mode, though based on previous THPS games, there may be more to unlock?

I saw some video's and I think the game has 8 levels. I think the old tony hawk games had around that amount of levels to.
Old 10-02-2015, 04:48 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

I just finished three-starring all the normal objectives, and no new skaters, levels, or movies unlocked.

So the only other things that could possibly unlock more content are filling out every character's stats, clearing every gap in the game, and beating all the Pro objectives.

I might be able to knock out the Pro objectives, depending on how difficult those are, but I don't think I'll bother going for the other two goals.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:23 PM   #24
MVP

ricky24's Arena

I still have one more level to unlock. I really enjoy them all so far with the exception of rooftops.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »