Home

NBA 2K16: First Impressions Roundtable

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16: First Impressions Roundtable within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #17
Rookie

frankwyte81's Arena

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeLee
Dude, I voiced and wrote half this game and I gotta say wasn't impressed at all. But seriously, I wanted to feel more immersed in the game and the boring intros that cover up for the ridiculously long loading times are no excuse. Who else loves playing at a solid 30 fps on Xbox One? I don't! I wish 2K would put their act together and make this game more like NBA Live, now now I know half of you are probably saying "HA what an idiot! This guy has no idea what he's saying!" let me finish. It has to be more immersive as NBA Live on the court, the sidelines are truly alive and I feel like I'm playing and I don't feel like a fan. But like any NBA game or most sports games, almost no skill is involved. All you have to do is follow your arrow when on defense and then press Square or X when nobody is in front of you on offense. Oh and can somebody please fix that Shaq bug where his jaw slings up and down for the duration of the pre-game loading screen? All in all, NBA 2K16 was a vast improvement- from NBA 2K12.
That guy is obviously trolling. But 30 fps on Xbox One, seems to be an Xbox One performance issue. My PS4 is running at a smooth 60 fps. I have no problem with the presentation package or the atmosphere in 2k16, they both are a vast improvement over any other sports game I've played in my life. The AI is amazing. I played against Memphis and that team's defense is smothering, frustrating, and pleasing at the same time. It's so beautiful I almost cried. Tony Allen played like an Elite defender, it was very realistic. The game is not perfect, by no means, but it's very close and it might be the best sports game ever made. I normally play sports titles for a few months and then they collect dust. I see myself playing 2k16 probably until 2k17 comes out.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:50 PM   #18
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NBA 2K16: First Impressions Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlb08
If 2k added nba live atmosphere/crowd then this game wont be as boring.

I really HATE that I keep hearing this. The crowd is more than fine, especially during tense moments and playoff games.

Live has people believing NBA crowds are hyped and on their feet at all times during a game and that's just not the case. Most of the time, during a regular season game, the crowd is "quiet" during the flow of the game. (Unless of course it's a rivalry game, or a game with two superstars head to head)

I hate that Live has people thinking the crowd is supposed to be rowdy at all times, it's just not the way it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #19
Just started!

OVR: 0
2K sports knowingly advertising "new" classic teams, purposely leading everyone to believe that PS3 and Xbox360 were included, has pi$$ed off tens of thousands, maybe more. We all feel RIPPED OFF! You all need to re-think a very bad decision if you plan to sell games to any PS3 or Xbox360 users ever again. Personally, unless this situation is rectified, I will NEVER buy a 2K game again. I feel this was BLATANT false advertising! SOOOOOO disappointed in 2K. How much money did 2K make with this move? What can it cost to provide us all with the "new" classic teams that you lead us to believe would be on ALL platforms?
SEE BELOW FOR DEFINITION:
bla·tant - adjective
(of bad behavior) done openly and unashamedly.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
Old 10-01-2015, 11:08 AM   #20
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs0502
2K sports knowingly advertising "new" classic teams, purposely leading everyone to believe that PS3 and Xbox360 were included, has pi$$ed off tens of thousands, maybe more. We all feel RIPPED OFF! You all need to re-think a very bad decision if you plan to sell games to any PS3 or Xbox360 users ever again.
It pains me to see guys still purchase games on last gen. 2K doesn't care anymore. Save yourself money & download an updated roster.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #21
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluFu
It pains me to see guys still purchase games on last gen. 2K doesn't care anymore. Save yourself money & download an updated roster.
To be fair, I don't think a lot companies care about last gen consoles anymore. At this point, last gen consoles are only good for catching up on games you haven't played yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2015, 01:50 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs0502
2K sports knowingly advertising "new" classic teams, purposely leading everyone to believe that PS3 and Xbox360 were included, has pi$$ed off tens of thousands, maybe more. We all feel RIPPED OFF! You all need to re-think a very bad decision if you plan to sell games to any PS3 or Xbox360 users ever again. Personally, unless this situation is rectified, I will NEVER buy a 2K game again. I feel this was BLATANT false advertising! SOOOOOO disappointed in 2K. How much money did 2K make with this move? What can it cost to provide us all with the "new" classic teams that you lead us to believe would be on ALL platforms?
SEE BELOW FOR DEFINITION:
bla·tant - adjective
(of bad behavior) done openly and unashamedly.
UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!
I echo the thoughts of the previous posters ahead of me. You do realize that you are the next gen section of this thread right? I'm actually surprised 2k or any company for that matter is still making games for the previous generations...we are 3 cycles in, so I'm definitely not surprised that they didn't include certain features for the previous gen of consoles...they probably can't handle all of the new features including in the next gen games. Sorry bro, I'm going to say this an issue you just have to live with until you upgrade.

Edit...
I just realized that OS doesn't even separate the two anymore...but, I'm still assuming most of us are playing on next gen consoles, and apparently so does SteveOS.

Last edited by tha_show256; 10-01-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:57 PM   #23
Banned

I play online all the time. This game is garbage. All 2K did is make the CPU defense impossible to play against so that everybody in online quick matches can play and rely on cpu defense all game and play off ball and take away the opportunity to get excellent release on 3 point jumpshots. Not to mention they ruined the pick and roll to BEAT the CPU offball defense. Dumb passes still exist. Too many blocks especially on dunks. Pro Am doesn't work right now. This game's garbage to be honest.
Old 10-08-2015, 06:06 AM   #24
Just started!

Honestly the 9 out of 10 is fair due to the fact that no other sports game has demonstrated a genius balance of modes and improved the game play dramatically from the previous year. However I am extremely disappointed that i cannot "be the story." If I was able to choose what happens in said story ( ex. choosing to keep rocking with Vic,) that would've been amazing. But as you all know, that is not the case. I stand by this statement that 2k14 (current gen)had the best my career so far as far as story lines go. I know Jackson Ellis could be corny sometimes but that rivalry was insane. It made playing those games all the more worthwhile. I mean having to actually do whatever the wager's consequences (or see them if you won) were amazing. On top of (even though they didnt speak) interacting with your teammates was crazy. I recall becoming the starting pg (over John wall) and he approached me saying if you are whats best to win then i have no qualms over you starting and then in an rpg fashion you get to decide how to respond (like a good guy or an a hole) and how you choose to respond had a direct effect on the court ( and off ) with john wall. I mean that is insane. When it came to endorsements and agents, being poached by a bigger agency riding in the back of limos getting promised more deals more money and faster than your best friend could deliver i mean this is so much depth its crazy. Lastly the minute details like riding in the plane on the loading screens on away games or in your car to home games and not mention the rookie hazing by vets. I mean it was crazy the amount of content packed into one game.

I know they went in a different direction in 15 but even that game had qualities that 16 could use. The interaction with your coaches and the players on your team. even the weird rivalry with an nba superstar (and dante exum regardless of position, seriously why him?) were good ideas that just needed a bit more polish. if they built on what they did with jackson ellis in 14 and combined that with exum and your superstar rival it would've been much better.

I brought focus to 14' and 15' to say if they combined the narrative of 16' with the style and details of 14 ( CHOICES you make to actually BE THE STORY limo rides, choosing agents real rivalries, cut scenes that actually matter, teammate bonding and chemistry on and off the court etc) with 15's more on the court approach with the film room and coaches playing a more significant role, and Exum and NBA star rivalry (with a Jackson Ellis type approach) my career would be perfect. It as if they have three incomplete games and all they simply need to do is combine them. The recipe for the perfect my career is right in front of them just make the three parts one. ( no spike lee doesn't have to do it even though personally i enjoyed it myself). (oh and bring the ability to complain to the gm or staff back.. i really liked that touch about my career. I like that freedom to have a voice with my front office.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »