Home

NBA Live 16 Review

This is a discussion on NBA Live 16 Review within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2015, 12:55 PM   #9
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 16 Review

If EA wants this franchise to succeed they need to snap out of their company model as seen in all of their sports games where gameplay is not the focal point but instead they choose gimmicks and the casual crowd who can just pick and play without any NBA or basketball knowledge instead of the sim heads. For once they need to snap out of that mindset and target true basketball fans who knows the sport.

I've been playing EA Sports basketball games since Bulls vs Blazers and I;m going to be honest when I say none of their games has ever been sim. Yes I admit NBA Live 95 and Live 99 were fun as hell but they weren't sim. NBA Showdown was one of my favorites in the 90s. So much memories with that game but it wasn't sim. Name ONE, I dare you guys to name just ONE EA Basketball Sports game that feels sim? Lakers vs Celtics? Nope. NBA Showdown? Try again NBA Live 95? Keep guessing. NBA Live 99? Notta. NBA Live 2005? No chance in hell. NBA Live 10 probably comes closest and that's not saying much.

Another gripe I have for all EA Sports games and it's not just for NBA Live but for ALL THEIR SPORTS GAMES is that EVERY CPU TEAMS PLAYS THE SAME. This has been plaguing their sports games for the longest.. C'mon now in real life the Golden State Warriors do not play like the Cleveland Cavs or Miami Heat. People have been complaining about specific team styles in Madden, Fifa, and NHL games for years and it still hasn't been addressed. I pray the developers put emphasis in it next year but I am not having high hopes. Matter of fact I am tired of saying next year because I been saying it for the past decade or even longer. It's an eyesore seeing the Seattle Sounders play the same style as the German National team in Fifa. This has to be addressed in all their sports games.

Bottom line: Developers, if u are reading this please try your best to make a Sim basketball game and I promise they will come. It's time to neglect the casual gamers and give the sim heads what they want. You've already experimented with trying to please the casual crowd the past 15 years and it's didn't work. You guys have deeper pockets than 2K so there shouldn't be any excuse to why it's not on the competition's level at this point.

Last edited by SeaTownGamer; 10-03-2015 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
If EA wants this franchise to succeed they need to snap out of their company model as seen in all of their sports games where gameplay is not the focal point but instead they choose gimmicks and the casual crowd who can just pick and play without any NBA or basketball knowledge instead of the sim heads. For once they need to snap out of that mindset and target true basketball fans who knows the sport.

I've been playing EA Sports basketball games since Bulls vs Blazers and I;m going to be honest when I say none of their games has ever been sim. Yes I admit NBA Live 95 and Live 99 were fun as hell but they weren't sim. NBA Showdown was one of my favorites in the 90s. So much memories with that game but it wasn't sim. Name ONE, I dare you guys to name just ONE EA Basketball Sports game that feels sim? Lakers vs Celtics? Nope. NBA Showdown? Try again NBA Live 95? Keep guessing. NBA Live 99? Notta. NBA Live 2005? No chance in hell. NBA Live 10 probably comes closest and that's not saying much.

Another gripe I have for all EA Sports games and it's not just for NBA Live but for ALL THEIR SPORTS GAMES is that EVERY CPU TEAMS PLAYS THE SAME. This has been plaguing their sports games for the longest.. C'mon now in real life the Golden State Warriors do not play like the Cleveland Cavs or Miami Heat. People have been complaining about specific team styles in Madden, Fifa, and NHL games for years and it still hasn't been addressed. I pray the developers put emphasis in it next year but I am not having high hopes. Matter of fact I am tired of saying next year because I been saying it for the past decade or even longer. It's an eyesore seeing the Seattle Sounders play the same style as the German National team in Fifa. This has to be addressed in all their sports games.

Bottom line: Developers, if u are reading this please try your best to make a Sim basketball game and I promise they will come. It's time to neglect the casual gamers and give the sim heads what they want. You've already experimented with trying to please the casual crowd the past 15 years and it's didn't work. You guys have deeper pockets than 2K so there shouldn't be any excuse to why it's not on the competition's level at this point.
Spot on in every detail.
Old 10-03-2015, 02:18 PM   #11
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
Good to see Live is still continuing the comeback. I'm surprised EA is still behind the series. It really can't sell that much for EA of all companies to keep the series alive. Hope it's given the whole gen to improve and not just scrapped.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #12
Banned

Peter_OS's Arena

OVR: 20
I think NBA Live 2016 is a solid sports game. I'm enjoying the game.
Old 10-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #13
Rookie

I'm not sold on 2K16 and want something "fresh", I feel like this might be it. Great review guys.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:13 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
I can't believe 20 years sgo live was what 2k is now....ill get a price drop
Old 10-03-2015, 06:30 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

I purchased the game for full price but I agree with the review it's not worth $60 bucks considering there are so many things missing.

Last year i was able to scoop it up for $30 bucks around black friday so i would suggest anyone that is on the edge of purchasing this game and they ar just not sure yet maybe holding out for another 1-2 months might be worth it because the game would a bargain around $25-30 bucks this year.

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2015, 06:46 PM   #16
MVP

SeaTownGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicey79
I can't believe 20 years sgo live was what 2k is now....ill get a price drop

Last great live to me was Live '99 and Live 2000.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »