Home

Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 11:53 PM   #9
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

Confidence: is generally described as a state of being certain either that a hypothesis or prediction is correct or that a chosen course of action is the best or most effective. Self-confidence is having confidence in oneself.

So hard to quantify something like state of being and turn that into a driving force behind a football game. Why someone would try is another good question in which only the creators can answer. In my opinion it would be nice to tie in player experience and longevity behind a coaching staff and system and coorilate that to on field awareness and confidence.
Old 10-21-2015, 12:46 AM   #10
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

I'm somewhat surprised this thread din't get more traction today, but then again, by this point most have decided to "make do or move on" (I'm looking at YOU NBA2k)...

That being said, this series has historically ended up putting their Box Features in the "Ill Conceived and Poorly Executed" category...

Since the gameplay guys raised their game to unprecedented levels with this iteration, I wish the CFM team and the "marketeers" that influence them would at least TRY to keep pace...

"Confidence" and Drive Goals are NOT "sim football", which is what the CFM crowd desires...

Save the daffy stuff for the Fluff Modes or eliminate it wholesale...

#toggleontoggleoff
Old 10-21-2015, 02:19 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why not simplify with some boosts for top performance in the league?

That way it doesnt matter how long Quarters are or how much users are doing really well or struggling. say it with me 'Everything should be relative'
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 07:03 AM   #12
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I just wish we had the option to turn drive goals off
Old 10-21-2015, 08:02 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

i am also annoyed at coach exps, i couldnt care and neither could my owner, that i sacked the qb 4 times when i only managed 3. all that matters is the W is it not?
Old 10-21-2015, 09:13 AM   #14
Rookie

mlb61's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983

Also, the fact that CPU teams don't benefit from Drive Goals in any way is just plain silly. This game is already too easy, why make it easier by giving me extra Confidence and XP boosts that the other 31 CPU teams in my league have no chance of earning?

CPU teams have a confidence system very much the same as last year's. In fact, in a blowout win some players can earn double or even triple the typical 4-6 point confidence gain given by meeting Drive Goals.

Good teams (basically playoff contenders) will have most of their starters at or near 99 confidence at the end of one season. If you have a good team with a winning record, you would have pretty much the same confidence levels even if you used the CPU confidence system instead of Drive Goals. In other words, no advantage over good CPU teams.

If you have a mediocre team (near .500 record), you would have some moderate advantage. If you have a really lousy (.300 record or worse), yeah you'd have an advantage -- but if you're a lousy team, that advantage doesn't seem to be doing you much good or destroying "game balance."

I mostly ignore Drive Goals. I think they should be rethought and modified. But the reaction by many has been, in my opinion, akin to mass hysteria.

Last edited by mlb61; 10-21-2015 at 09:55 AM.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:39 AM   #15
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
Just shut off the drive goals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 12:08 PM   #16
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18
Excellent video! 100% agree.
Closed Thread