Home

Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2015, 12:47 PM   #17
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

i'm fine with them tuning and tweaking until they get it right. you guys are likely right, drive goals are the culprit, however some system of confidence or what ever they want to call it should be in the game.

perhaps making it more volatile, perhaps toning it down.

i fully believe in football, or sport in general, there are motivation factors that allow players to over perform or get up faster, etc... on the flip side the same factors get players down as well.

it all just needs to work together, so take our online data, reevaluate it, then tune it for optimum representation.

making tweaks or perfecting it isn't admission of poor implementation. we do have the ability to tweak, it should be utilized.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:25 PM   #18
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM - A Case Against Confidence And Drive Goals (Part 1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm somewhat surprised this thread din't get more traction today, but then again, by this point most have decided to "make do or move on" (I'm looking at YOU NBA2k)...
I think part of that as well is that the greatest case possible could be made for this stuff and more than likely nothing is going to change. All they would have had to do to prevent any of this is provide an option to turn it off. Confidence On/Off. Drive Goals On/Off. Boom, done. But they're so heavily invested in goals (and confidence to a lesser extent) that I don't even think that will ever be an option.

IMO I don't think there is any fixing CFM at this point barring another massive overhaul in design and direction. I'd like to wait and see what they have in store next year but after dedicating all the resources they did this year and having it turn out the way it did, I just have no faith.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
Next year well see an MUT franchise mode. Because we all love MUT sarcasm aside. They will find another way to forget the Franchise mode and implement another aspect to UT. It brings in too much money and until people stop spending money on fake digital cards that the moment they use them they lose them and then have to spend more money to get new cards, EA will not care for the CFM user. I used to love playing franchise mode. Hire and fire my coaching staff it either made my team better or worse I liked that it put strategy into the game. This game is just just a beautiful display with terrible gameplay and focuses on UT.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:37 AM   #20
MVP

Didn't they fix this in the most recent patch?
Old 10-26-2015, 12:36 PM   #21
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
i fully believe in football, or sport in general, there are motivation factors that allow players to over perform or get up faster, etc... on the flip side the same factors get players down as well.
Perhaps, but can you put a mathematical formula to it? In my experience it does more harm than good. And I would even suggest that the user already incorporates the confidence aspect.....If I get sacked a couple times, I am going to start to get happy feet in the pocket etc....no need for the programming to dramatically alter my players rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #22
We Here

Hassan Darkside's Arena

OVR: 34

Confidence or something of that nature isn't foreign to sports games. There's always been hot/cold players or biorhythms or something of that nature. I think it's just something EA overthought or continues to overthink with Madden.

I thought it was mostly fine in NCAA football where players were either cold (blue), normal (white), warm (yellow), or hot (red). That was determined based off of what was happening on the field and was a standard element in the base gameplay (unlike this drive goal BS). Granted, it was a pretty simplistic way of handling things, but it was able to identify when a player or group of players have strung together good plays (and games) and mimic the boost in confidence without going too over the top.

I don't expect them to get rid of either of these features next year because they'd have to admit defeat on their "headlining" CFM features. I do expect that they'll give us an option to disable them, though.
Royce da 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican
How many brothers fell victim to the skeet.........
Old 08-05-2016, 08:01 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 3

Was this addressed?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-06-2016, 07:37 AM   #24
MVP

Mattanite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Was this addressed?
Grrr... arrrg... necropost...

But fair question, it has not been mentioned, check with mr price on the "AMA"?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »