Home

Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

Chase Becotte is back with part two of his video feature where he talks about what would make up the perfect Madden franchise mode in 2016 and beyond. Check it out and see if you agree or disagree with his thoughts.

If you can't see the video above, watch it here. To see this video on YouTube, click here.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 19
I wold say that it should start with "Offline" play because even when online, many aspects of the AI is operating during gameplay.
Because of this, very few online games are played centered around "true" football aspects because the AI that is the foundation of the game is still far behind the advancement of other sports game AI's.
But, here is where the problem lies because that would require EA to focus on the Offline build of the game and make Online secondary (we know that's not going to happen).

Unlike most other sports, soccer included, football is the one sport that is difficult to incorporate several Human players playing during a game at the same time.
One Hum player controls one player during a play while the "AI" controls 99% of the rest.
Even with multiple Hum players each controlling a team, they're still restricted/bound by the Offline AI structure.
Because of this, online play is basically a mash-up of 32 Offline CFM's running online to me.

Poor AI is compounded by Madden's "restrictive" nature which prevents the gamer from being pulled deeper into a multiple season experience.
A "Play Now" experience dressed in a "Franchise" uniform is what we are really talking about here.

NBA 2k16 has set the standard for sports games going forth.
A descent/good AI foundation with the ability to "customize/alter" the AI team/player behavior to your liking.
Madden CFM experience will continue to leave gamers with a "blah" feeling after the initial sugar rush has worn off.

Start with the Offline AI and build from there.
Then up the customization of the game!!!
These two would improve CFM experience greatly.

The other thing I think that is that they need to go back to the original camera angle the game is watched from on TV (the side view).
Or even better, allow gamers the ability to customize the camera view they want to play from.

Last edited by khaliib; 10-24-2015 at 06:02 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:52 PM   #3
Rookie

sportskid84's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden NFL 16: Fixing CFM (Part II)

Please let us disable all that XP stuff and give us a good ole fashion franchise mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportskid84
Please let us disable all that XP stuff and give us a good ole fashion franchise mode

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This x100000000

Please

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 10-24-2015, 10:46 PM   #5
Pro

Step2001's Arena

OVR: 9

For Madden Franchise mode, IT Must Have everything an NFL Team(s) do/deal with year after year:

Updates from around the League on bottom ticker and w/ Live Break-ins of scores from around the League on Sunday. Keep Ticker running of final score during Sunday and Monday games.
Maybe include some updates of injuries on noted players from around the League...........Insider like Schefter could be used here.

46 man roster

2 Cut Down Days during Pre-Season, First one after the 3rd game, the second one after the Final Pre-Season Game.

10 man Practice Squad (rules on adding a player from your PS & another teams. Being Notified that a player is being targeted by another team and given option to sign on to 53 or let the other team sign the player.) Note: Players on a team PS should have increase knowledge of the teams playbook from a player on the street, this will allow the player a better chance of stepping in and contributing.

Realistic Injuries (Wear & Tear Injury System) & having to list players as Out, Doubtful, Questionable, Probable
Injuries Must carryover into the following Season. Medical/Trainers
keep updated on Players Off-Season Surgeries and Rehab.
(A player who tears an ACL during final games off the Season, is still
rehabbing that injury during the off-season, during Pre-Season & might
miss the start of the new season.)
More wide range of injuries and nagging injuries.
Pulls, strains, tears, sprains (like the high ankle sprain, which can keep a player out for weeks and affect that player all year)
Lisfranc injury

Important! Injuries during practice. (allow this to be turned off/on, as some don't want this, but adds realism)

The P.U.P List. The ability to place players on the pup list, giving them another 6 weeks during the season to get back their playing health. If it's determined they can play after 6 weeks, a 2 week roster exemption is given. If it's determined that the player is not healthy yet, then he can be placed on Season ending I.R.

Full Coaching Staff w/ability to re-sign/fire & block an Assistant

Full Scouting Staff (4-5 scouts) that cover the Nation. Each Scout is different & have their strengths and weaknesses. The info they provide is the info your Draft board is based upon. You have the ability to hire and fire Scouts after the Draft.

Presentation: Keep improving..........
Presentation and Commentary that carryover from Season to Season.
Recognition of Super Bowl winning team from the previous season
is a start.............

Pre-Season, Reg. Season, Playoffs, Super Bowl need ALL New Audio

Individual Team Records (Season, Post-Season, Career)

Each Teams Championship Banners in Stadium. New ones won during

Franchise Mode are put up in Stadium.

Hall Of Fame

All New Draft Presentation. Biggest Event in the Off-Season. It's about
time the Draft becomes a priority.

Injuries discussed during Pre-Game, Halftime, Post Game. A BIG part of
the game.

Off-Season Weekly updates/recap show OR Just noted Breaking News.

Situational Subs without having to reset them during the game or prior to playing the game. (PS2 version had this...)

Remove Dynamic Drive Goals in Franchise Mode (OR allow DDG to be turned on/off) - Football is a team sport, never have I seen a Offensive drive built around getting a specific player personal stat goals.

Customization is key, Give us the whole NFL experience & who ever doesn't like it allow them to turn some off.

It's all about laying a solid foundation & you start with everything that goes on during a NFL Year (and carry it over to the next year).

I'm not tired of posting in a wish-list thread, but all of this should already be the foundation of Offline Franchise mode. I'll keep posting it until "It's in the game!!"
EA says they read the boards, only way I know how to communicate with them in detail.

Last edited by Step2001; 10-25-2015 at 07:14 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2015, 02:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's exhausting asking for same things over and over. EA Sports has no competition.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:01 AM   #7
Rookie

The issue is that I don't think EA's prerogative is making a solid franchise mode in their games. When Ultimate Team hit it big they understood that it could be their cash cow, and it became the main priority. I am sure the CFM team did the best they could with the resources they had. Now as football fans we are stuck with the franchise mode we should've had in the PS3/360 years. There is a major need for a total rebuild, and unfortunately that means a few years of incomplete franchise modes. It will never be to the level of the NBA 2K series, until at least they give it the full attention it needs. We need depth, and that's all it boils down to.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:03 AM   #8
Rookie

With the above being said, I can still go back and play Madden 2001-2006 and have an enjoyable experience. Madden team, please bring back the glory days!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »