Home

WWE 2K16 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2015, 02:11 AM   #9
Best in the World

BDKiiing's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: WWE 2K16 Impressions Thread (PS4, XBOX One)

Absolutely love this game. Feels like a wrasslin game. The pacing is incredible. Had Itami beat me as Balor in my first match. Then beat Breeze with Owens in my second match. Both felt like real matches. The only thing I've noticed is in both matches they kicked out of my first finisher both times.

Old 10-27-2015, 02:15 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I personally am very happy with the gameplay - the entrances - and what they did with Universe in terms of the attributes, adding what cities are for what event, adding wrestlers to multiple shows, etc.

As we've seen w/ videos - the creation center to create a belt, arena, show, and wrestlers is the best of any wrestling game so far.

The issue is still the Universe mode having a MAJOR ISSUE - which I pray to god gets patched in. Right now you can't edit your own title match. You can only edit participants at a PPV event for a title match, which is highly upsetting. You should be able to create a title match at any show you like and make it any match you like.

In regards to the new 3 team announcers. Has anyone really heard much of JBL at all? Is he actually really in the game? He doesn't seem to speak much at all - and some matches not at all???
Old 10-27-2015, 04:57 AM   #11

jvalverde88's Arena

OVR: 28

Playing Austin's showcase mode and the little things in the game are awesome. For example in Austin's match with Steamboat from Bash at the Beach, Austin has "Dragon Slayer" written on his trunks just like in the real match. This game is gonna make me go on the WWE Network and rewatch some of Austin's matches.

Quote:
Never let fear determine who you are. Never let where you came from determine where you are going.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #12
MVP

Shakedowncapo's Arena

OVR: 18

Would really appreciate some online gameplay impressions. Heard it was a mess last year.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:52 AM   #13
Just started!

For submissions if your put in one stay away from overlapping. If you do submission try to overlap.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:05 AM   #14
Rookie

jaredsmith83's Arena

Re: WWE 2K16 Available Now, Post Your Impressions Here

I literally had time for one match and to turn on the themes in my jukebox before having to get things ready for work. I played as Kevin Owens, gave him Bobby Heenan as his manager (why not, right?) and randomly went up against R Truth. It was set in the Wrestlemania 14 arena, so it had a bit of the 90's grainy texture. I didn't adjust any of the settings beyond just getting a 1-on-1 match going.

The first thing I noticed was how the guys moved around the ring. It didn't seem to be floaty as it has been in years past. The new, added animations in the mini-game made it feel fresh. I only had to go through it two times, I believe. Things were very responsive and I am LOVING the limited reversal option. I think our match had 5 total reversals for the whole match. I was kinda peeved when I hit the Pop-Up powerbomb on Truth, and it got him halfway down to his last energy bar, and he kicked out. The kickout animations, however, were REALLY good. KO sat there in disbelief before getting up. There's also a very fluid pin animation following moves that prompt pinning with them. I like that. The match went a good 5-8 minutes, which was as expected since I had it on a lower setting. I can see longer matches being very possible. I did not try the new submission mechanic, however. Its coming soon.

I was a tad disappointed to see that there's no generic CAW entrance stuff back in there as there was on 2K14. But, with it being new gen, I'm sure that stuff wasn't able to easily be ported over. They did have Justin Gabriel's entrance, also Great Khali and maybe another few from 2K15. However, with the size of this year's roster, making good entrances shouldn't be a big issue. Not to me, at least.

There's things that I haven't touched yet that I didn't have time to so I'll try to hit them later. This game isn't THE game that everyone wants, but its surely a step in the right direction from last year's debacle. I'm definitely more excited after my first impression this year than last. After the first day last year, I was already on the fence of wanting to be done with it. I think this will have a much longer replay value with me. I know there's issues in Universe that, I hope, can be patched. It won't deter me, though, since we have arena creation and belt creation back. I can bring back my SEMO Wrestling Alliance fed to run. So that's good. So far so good this morning.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:45 AM   #15
Rookie

chrisphil1724's Arena

OVR: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdolski
Absolutely love this game. Feels like a wrasslin game. The pacing is incredible. Had Itami beat me as Balor in my first match. Then beat Breeze with Owens in my second match. Both felt like real matches. The only thing I've noticed is in both matches they kicked out of my first finisher both times.
I like that, sometimes, people should kick out of finishers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #16
Rookie

BoltThrower74's Arena

The gameplay is king (what I could figure out anyway) and the animation is pretty awesome. MyCareer feels a little flat though. Granted, I’m only about 2 months in, but it feels very wooden. I enjoyed the game more just jumping right into matches where I didn’t have to see the choppy MyCareer cutscenes. Had crazy matches; multiple near-falls, kicking out of multiple finishers, submissions, the whole bit. Will check out the Showcase and Universe tonight at length.

On another note, has someone figured out how to do resting holds? Or is that automatic based on stamina? I’ve found that I sometimes do it, sometimes not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »