Home

WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

This is a discussion on WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1) within the WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2015, 03:09 PM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBMcGee3
Hey 2k, here's an idea...go back to separate buttons for strike and grapple reversals. It was awesome back in the No mercy days, and it would be awesome now.

Still looking forward to trying the game though, as honestly this is the only bad review I've read on it so far. These games will always have bugs, there's just so much going on. But I've gotten over them in the past so I'm sure I can do the same this time around.
This is something that has bothered me for awhile, especially with the new reversal system being implemented this year. I don't even mind the reversals being limited but they could add a strike reversal button and have limited reversals for each.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:14 PM   #10
Rookie

dmslapped's Arena

OVR: 9
It's a good game with bugs. This review is a little harsh, and wrong about the crowd chants.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: WWE 2K16 Review (PS4/XB1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmslapped
It's a good game with bugs. This review is a little harsh, and wrong about the crowd chants.
When I play Cena, I hear, "Let's go Cena, CENA SUCKS!". So it's there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #12
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Added this line to the review, after going back and running same procedure I had to do to get commentary to work in the game, crowd chants then appeared. Strange, strange bug.

Quote:
Edit: The original incorrectly stated there were no crowd chants. This appears to have been a bug in my copy (I was originally missing commentary as well). After doing the same procedure a second time the crowd chants did appear -- so I updated the review text to reflect that.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:33 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree that this review is a little harsh. I've enjoyed the game, but a few good points are raised. Universe mode was billed as giving us total control, which we don't have without being able to book title matches when we want to. I've also noticed that the AI doesn't always lose one of their reversals when they reverse a move. At first, I thought I was just imagining it, but then I started keeping count. Glad to see someone else noticed the same thing.
Old 10-30-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah the 6.5 will mislead a lot of people on the fence on buying what i think is the best wrestling game to date. It does have some bugs which almost all games do including the overrated Metal gear solid 5 and i am upset about some match exclusions but this game is in no shape a 6.5. This is at least an 8.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:01 PM   #15
MVP

nate1986's Arena

OVR: 2

I don't think 6.5 is a fair review for the game, its a bit harsh in my opinion the worst i think it could warrant is a 7.5 IGN gave it an 8.8 which is right on par with Madden and NBA 2K this year and scored better reviews then FIFA, The Show and NHL 16

Last edited by nate1986; 10-30-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2015, 04:27 PM   #16
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Chris, I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with the review score. While you make many valid points in the text, the score does not reflect the core gameplay improvement of this game.

I am not sure how big a wrestling fan you are, but if you have been playing wrestling games for the last 10-15 years or so, you will see that this is the best playing wrestling game since No Mercy on N64.

To me, gameplay is king. And takes precedence over minor bugs, graphics, and other small stuff that makes up a game. One aspect you didn't touch on is wrestler traits. This adds a lot to the game. It gives some individuality to the characters. Sometimes a heel wrestler will just leave a match and take a count out. That some straight up Kevin Owens stuff right there.

To say the AI isn't good is simply not true. This game has the best CPU AI in any of the THQ WWE games or the 2K WWE games.

I do agree with you about the submission system. I don't like it and I think many other would agree. This is definitely a knock on this game.

The crowd could also be better along with the commentary. But the gameplay is really where this game shines. The matches flow well, and sure there are some minor bugs happening during the matches, but they are rare and not game killing. Finally, you can put together a solid match that looks and feels realistic. The AI will finally do the right things in matches at the right times, like go for pins and what not.

I just feel the gameplay is the best in the series, and you're selling it a little short. Just my opinion.

I feel like I'm not able to get my feelings of the game across very well in this post. IGN's review is pretty much exactly how I feel about it.

I would give the game an 8 or 8.5 right now.

Last edited by PVarck31; 10-30-2015 at 04:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > WWE 2K and Other Wrestling Games »