Home

Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16

This is a discussion on Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-05-2015, 10:33 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16

FIFA's Ultimate Team (FUT) has a bad reputation when it comes to the games more traditional, offline players. Scour our forum hours, or even minutes after EA Canada releases a "stability patch" for FUT, and you will see comments along the lines of "FUT is all EA cares about," "Career Mode is once again getting the short-end-of-the-stick", etc. While it's hard to argue against that logic, there's no denying the popularity of FUT and for good reason. Ultimate Team can be addictive fun alternative to battling the CPU's sometimes stagnant offline AI. It's with this in mind that we'll take a look at three reasons for offline players to take the plunge into the card mode.

Read More - Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 10:39 AM   #2
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16

A whole lot of NOPE! Fix career mode.

Last edited by JayD; 11-05-2015 at 04:54 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

OVR: 0
I find the human v human element for any online game mode to be the problem. It's fun as long as you play the right type of person. Too often it's people who exploit in game flaws/glitch. Growing from a young gamer to someone who is older, you just want to play a fun game and not have others ruin it. I want to pop on, play a game, then go on to something else. The growing number of mini-modes and menu surfing is annoying when you can't spend 4 hours a night playing.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:04 AM   #4
Rookie

None of these reasons make any sense to me. So nope.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
Old 11-05-2015, 11:49 AM   #5
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I have no interest whatsoever in playing with created fantasy teams. I buy sports games to play with real life teams whether it be against the CPU or with one of my friends online. Modes like Pro Am or EASHL, every now and then but other than that, I want to play with the real teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 12:34 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2
Highly unpersuasive. Your reasons are the result of FUT getting more attention than Be-A-GM mode.

1) Online matches will never play a role in my sports gaming. Playing virtual cards is also not in my wheelhouse. The variety of game modes doesn't mean anything for those who don't give a bleep about the parent mode.
2) Why wasn't this added to Be-A-GM mode?
3) Why wasn't this improved in Be-A-GM mode?
Old 11-05-2015, 01:14 PM   #7
Rookie

Career Mode does incorporate Chemistry EXACTLY as you say. Every team has perfect chemistry because every player on your team is *gasp* on the same team and plays in the same league.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:54 PM   #8
Rookie

flo182's Arena

A big fat NOOOOOOPE!

There are 3 reasons why I'll never touch that ****.

1) I want to play with real teams and not play against those fantasy-draft teams all night long. I want to play premier league, bundesliga, champions league etc. and not play in a vacuum of random matches. + in recent years, there were always a handful of players everyone bought because of some of their ratings (e.g. Doumbia in 2015). I want "realism" and not this card game stuff.

2) I love playing FIFA against my friends, but even amongst them there are some players who don't really know a lot about football, are not very creative players but still win most of the games because they find this one feature every year that can be exploited and then they'll abuse it until the game is no more fun for any sane person. It's either crosses & headers in one year, lobbed through balls in another year or awkward overpowered shots from a special angle. These kind of players will always find a way to abuse the game. And in my experience I'd say about 90% of the FIFA online community are these kind of players.

The ranking-system and online-competitiveness (it's just so sad that so many people take online-gaming so seriously...) push the fun and different playing style a videogame offers in the background and promote playing in a way thats not fun at all and just abusing the game.

3) It's ****ing PAY TO WIN! No developer will ever get a penny from me for a mode where you can get advantages by spending real money. This is a goddamn video game and it's supposed to be fun and not supposed to be a ****ing slot-machine that eats your salary!

I pay 50$ each year for FIFA, which is a lot considering the little changes they include (thumps up to 2k!) and I'm starting to wonder what EA does with that money, it's definitely not used for releasing the greatest product to their customer they can offer. Actually they improve the game just so much that customers will still buy, but leave them with even more hopes for next year.

Modes like FUT are the best example of all that's wrong with the games industry nowadays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »