Home

Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16

This is a discussion on Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16 within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2015, 11:33 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Three Reasons for Career Mode Players to Try Ultimate Team in FIFA 16

This year was the first year I didn't buy FIFA in like 5-6 years. I'm done with the game until they put some serious investment into the offline experience.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:25 PM   #18
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
HAHAHAHA ......Hell no.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Resurrection403's Arena

OVR: 0

this thread brought to you be EA sports (kidding. but not really)
Old 11-08-2015, 10:47 PM   #20

dubcity's Arena

OVR: 2

The negatives outweigh pretty much all the positives. Number 1 being you are at a severe disadvantage if you don't put additional money into the game. You just don't earn enough coins for playing each match to make it fun overall.

Nevermind the fact that playing people online is typically way more frustrating than fun. You're mostly playing against extremely competitive people, who are more interested in winning than having a fun gameplay experience. They would rather break the game and win via a glitch/exploit than lose fairly. It's a self-esteem thing for a lot of people, as sad as that sounds.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:32 PM   #21
MVP

Turbojugend's Arena

At the risk of sounding like a FUT apologist, it is possible to play FUT entirely offline and never spend a single dime. I've done it for years, mainly because I enjoy the card collection/trading aspect. You can compete in cup tournaments, TOTW challenges, and seasons with promotion, all offline.

Having said that, I've pretty much ditched FUT this year in favor of Career Mode. Even with its shortcomings it still is a more rewarding mode than FUT. For me the appeal of card collecting has worn off and the new Draft Mode is a bust. But the main negative is that FUT shoehorns you into playing with the default settings and six-minute halves, which just doesn't cut it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 03:24 AM   #22
Pro

DirectFX's Arena

OVR: 12

I hate everyone one of the UT for any of the sports games. I despise that they ever were included as they are just $$$ pits for game companies. I never got why see videos on YouTube of FUT players going crazy over opening up virtual packs for virtual players? It's a combo of fantasy football and Pokemon cards. Go play Pokemon or magic if u like virtual card games . There is absolutely zero realism in the games as the teams are all the same superstars and nothing like real teams. I remember getting excited in younger years open a real sports card pack and you pull a great rookie, jersey or auto but UT is just some horrible mix of games/cards that I just never get excited about or will ever spend more money on.

Currently Playing: PS4
-The Division
-MLB The Show 16
-NBA 2k17
-FIFA 17?
-NHL 17?
-GTA V
Old 11-10-2015, 01:55 PM   #23
Trequartista

10's Arena

I've never played the mode and never will but let me tell you why it's bad and so is everyone who plays it.

A lot of the reasons why fut is bad that are given here are pretty much wrong and based on assumptions and generalizations. You don't need to put in any money to get an advantage. You do need patience to play games to upgrade your team slowly and time to learn how to trade. The vast majority of my games (over 100, as high as division 2 so far) have not come against the people that abuse high pressure or other exploits. Sure those people exist but it's been far from the norm for me and a lot of other people. Most of these exploits are completely beatable if you know what you're doing also.

I completely agree career mode needs more features and attention. To tell everyone who plays fut to go play magic (not even sure what you're referring to here) pokemon or fantasy football (not interested in either of those) because you like a different mode more is laughable. Some of you made very good points, but nothing can convince some people to play online, which is completely fine! Try and convince me to play a highly unrealistic career mode filled with bad transfers, lack of depth and repetitive AI.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:35 PM   #24
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I don't understand the Pokemon jabs. To me UT reminds me of being a kid and buying baseball cards. You open packs and hope that you either get a card of value or a favorite player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »