Home

EA Sports UFC 2 Announced, More Details Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC 2 Announced, More Details Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 08:21 AM   #17
Handling it

fishingtime's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA Sports UFC 2 Announced, More Details Scheduled to Arrive Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I completely agree but its all about perspective. I was ready to go anyway. I'm enjoying OS alot more now that I'm able to ignore the forums that annoy me.
I get that. I'm glad you are happy with your role now. I just feel people can be objective. I would actually prefer EA to bring in people from gaming sites to really get an understanding of the game so they could do better reviews. Informative ones actually. Last game got a lot of negative reviews, and that was because they thought the controls were too hard, etc. Sit down with these people and teach them how to play so they can pass that information along.
Old 11-10-2015, 09:09 AM   #18
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Aholbert, very glad of all the OS people that could of been chosen, you were the man. I'm very excited to start getting the info as you are able to share!
Old 11-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishingtime
I get that. I'm glad you are happy with your role now. I just feel people can be objective. I would actually prefer EA to bring in people from gaming sites to really get an understanding of the game so they could do better reviews. Informative ones actually. Last game got a lot of negative reviews, and that was because they thought the controls were too hard, etc. Sit down with these people and teach them how to play so they can pass that information along.
I dont have a problem with them doing this but the gamechangers program has a different goal (at least when it comes to UFC). The goal is to actually improve the game and get a hardcore perspective of the game. I cant go into much detail now but that first trip gave me a MUCH better understanding about how games are made, how many people work on a a game and how difficult it can be to make a game. They need people who played the first game and other MMA games to come in and give them input on whether a change or mode they added is good or bad.

The reviewers idea is tricky because 1) You dont want to be seen as trying to influence reviews and 2) The controls in UFC 1 were actually difficult to understand. If IGN, Gamespot and OS gave UFC 2 a high score and people found out that EA invited those reviewers to Vancouver and gave them an all expenses paid trip to the studio....some people would consider those reviews suspect. The way to get better reviews is to make a better game and have features that make it easier for people to pick up and play the game.

I'll be honest when I first joined up, I wasnt sure what the other guys would bring to the table and was concerned that many of their suggestions would only focus on online and would negatively affect the offline portion of the game. I was completely wrong. These guys know their stuff and I've learned a ton since October. I believe having this diverse group will help the game immensely. We've already provided some input since the first event and I'm excited to see what changes were made when we see the game again.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:24 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Looking forward to the information you can provide aholbert32.
I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but if UFC2 can deliver a deep Career Mode, I'd be interested in this game.

I've read that the simulator, World of MMA, is ridiculously deep.
I'd love it if a console game adopted some of its features.

One of the things I'd really like to see is a different way of building a fighter.
Was Chuck Lidell really a 50OV puncher in his first fight? No. He had immense power from the beginning.

Give us the ability to compete in a world with static attributes.
We can still learn disciplines, kicks, strikes, conditioning, etc.
But as far as things like hand-speed, chin, power, etc... those should be set in stone from the beginning.
If you're looking for longevity in a game, look no further than trying to get a fighter with C- attributes to win a belt.
Now add in running a full stable of fighters, while trying to recruit new ones, and you have a game that could be played for years and years.

Last edited by Money99; 11-10-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:26 AM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
Looking forward to the information you can provide aholbert32.
I'm a much bigger boxing fan, but if UFC2 can deliver a deep Career Mode, I'd be interested in this game.

I've read that the simulator, World of MMA, is ridiculously deep.
I'd love it if a console game adopted some of its features.
World of MMA is extremely fun. I havent played the most recent version but I loved the first and second ones.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2015, 11:37 AM   #22
Former EA Sports UFC Gameplay Developer

GameplayDevUFC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont have a problem with them doing this but the gamechangers program has a different goal (at least when it comes to UFC). The goal is to actually improve the game and get a hardcore perspective of the game. I cant go into much detail now but that first trip gave me a MUCH better understanding about how games are made, how many people work on a a game and how difficult it can be to make a game. They need people who played the first game and other MMA games to come in and give them input on whether a change or mode they added is good or bad.

The reviewers idea is tricky because 1) You dont want to be seen as trying to influence reviews and 2) The controls in UFC 1 were actually difficult to understand. If IGN, Gamespot and OS gave UFC 2 a high score and people found out that EA invited those reviewers to Vancouver and gave them an all expenses paid trip to the studio....some people would consider those reviews suspect. The way to get better reviews is to make a better game and have features that make it easier for people to pick up and play the game.

I'll be honest when I first joined up, I wasnt sure what the other guys would bring to the table and was concerned that many of their suggestions would only focus on online and would negatively affect the offline portion of the game. I was completely wrong. These guys know their stuff and I've learned a ton since October. I believe having this diverse group will help the game immensely. We've already provided some input since the first event and I'm excited to see what changes were made when we see the game again.
I couldn't agree more. The group that was chosen has been outstanding.

We have a private Skype chat going, and I have it open all the time.

At a moments notice I have access to expert players with diverse backgrounds to bounce ideas off of and do a sanity check on the way things are been put together.

It's really been an amazingly useful tool for me, and I think they're all getting something out of it as well.

I think the results will show in the final product.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:19 PM   #23
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Some details and a trailer have arrived, use this thread now.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ng-2016-a.html
Follow me on Twitter
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »